No aux power cable on Phantom 2

Reaction score
I just bought a phantom 2 with some random ebay gimbal for gopro.
Unfortunately, there's no aux power in the legs and when i opened the shell, it doesnt seem to be there.
Do i just solder the gimbals power directly on to where the battery is soldered onto the controlboard? Or is it possible to connect it to the flight controller? (I believe its the naza m v2?)

Also i'm starting to look for possible fpv kits, which also need power. But maybe its better to have this on a seperate battery?

And at last, is there anyway to remotely control the tilt of the gimbal?

Reactions: psanders83
@sjuft If its one of the many chinese made CNC gimbals then yes you will need to connect it direct to the motherboard battery terminals, those little gimbals are easy to fit and work very well.

As for the pitch control, i need a picture of the board and i can advise how to set it up, there are a set of pins on the board (usually a row of 3 down and 4 across) and you simply connect one of those to the bottom F1 pin on the naza unit.

Ive had a couple of these units for my phantom 2 Vision as a replacement for the bog standard fixed gimbal that it comes with and each one has a slightly different pitch setup so send me a picture, also you will need to investigate a program called simpleBGC which is used to set the board up.

@sjuft If its one of the many chinese made CNC gimbals then yes you will need to connect it direct to the motherboard battery terminals, those little gimbals are easy to fit and work very well.

As for the pitch control, i need a picture of the board and i can advise how to set it up, there are a set of pins on the board (usually a row of 3 down and 4 across) and you simply connect one of those to the bottom F1 pin on the naza unit.

Ive had a couple of these units for my phantom 2 Vision as a replacement for the bog standard fixed gimbal that it comes with and each one has a slightly different pitch setup so send me a picture, also you will need to investigate a program called simpleBGC which is used to set the board up.

First time on the forums, and i already know i'm gonna spend waaaaay to much time here. Really appreciate your help :)

Here's some pictures of the board and the pins i assume you are talking about. Can you also tell me what kind of connectors i need for the pitch control?
Also, the remote controller i have is the pvt581 without any "emtpy" buttons. So where do i assign the pitch? I've read a little about adding it on the backside of the remote.

IMG_0842_big_thumb.jpg
IMG_0844_big_thumb.jpg
IMG_0843_big_thumb.jpg

Pitch is the one marked A3, looking at the pins straight on as in your picture its the top pin you need a standard servo cable and plug it into the F1 bottom pin on the naza, as for control you can add a servo tilt lever onto your controller or invest in one of the upgraded tx units with the gimbal control on it, either way you need to activate it in the phantom software assistant under RC upgraded controller

Perfect. Sounds like a nice sunday project. As for the servo cable, is this correct? 10cm Male to Male JR Plug Servo Extension Lead Wire Cable 100mm for RC Plane BS

You can find the cable in a old PC.

also, i read a lot about this hidden "7th" channel on the controller. But everywhere i find it, its for the phantom 2 vision, but i should be able to use it as well on my non vision?

In the old version (4xAAAA batteries) the 7th channel is in the back of the controller. There are 2 holes, the top is the 7th ch, the bottom is the FCC/CE selector. Set this to BASIC MODE in the Phantom 2 Assist PC program.
In the new version with built in lipos, the 7th channel is on the controller shoulder as the tilt dial. Set this to UPGRADE MODE in the Phantom 2 Assist.

@ mako79 pretty sure from what I remember that with the basic controller and tilt lever you need to change it to upgraded version for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic