Night time flight over town centre in bromley, (before my london

I see where your coming from, but everybody brakes rules, could be a few MPH over the speed limit, coming in a few mins late at work to quickly have a smoke, knowing the shop gave you to much change but you say nothing, etc... Lol not saying rules are their to be broken but now and again sometimes it's our nature to push the boundaries for enjoyment. I certainly didn't buy the phantom to fly a Max height of 100M in a field. I spent almost £700 and I intend to use this to it's full advantage [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

So you saying just as well not have any rules for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I see where your coming from, but everybody brakes rules, could be a few MPH over the speed limit, coming in a few mins late at work to quickly have a smoke, knowing the shop gave you to much change but you say nothing, etc... Lol not saying rules are their to be broken but now and again sometimes it's our nature to push the boundaries for enjoyment. I certainly didn't buy the phantom to fly a Max height of 100M in a field. I spent almost £700 and I intend to use this to it's full advantage
emoji6.png

The only rules I agree on is 5 miles away from airports and keep aircraft under 400ft that it.

Reactions: Neon Euc and ObiDon
Why would any of us buy a uav if we followed the rules to the letter. If we cannot fly where people are nearby we would hardly ever take off and we certainly couldn't go to the local park which you see in many videos.

I agree some rules need to be adhered to, airports etc. but it is common sense at the end of the day and just being aware of your environment. The newest drones are much safer than there predecessors and rarely fall or fly away and have sensors to stop collisions with many accidents being pilot error from what i have read in these forums.

I have not spent £1200 to video the sea and fields so I will continue to fly areas I feel give me good video but will also assess the environment first and weigh up the safety aspects of a flight.

Why would any of us buy a uav if we followed the rules to the letter. If we cannot fly where people are nearby we would hardly ever take off and we certainly couldn't go to the local park which you see in many videos.

I agree some rules need to be adhered to, airports etc. but it is common sense at the end of the day and just being aware of your environment. The newest drones are much safer than there predecessors and rarely fall or fly away and have sensors to stop collisions with many accidents being pilot error from what i have read in these forums.

I have not spent £1200 to video the sea and fields so I will continue to fly areas I feel give me good video but will also assess the environment first and weigh up the safety aspects of a flight.
From a liability point of view, are you insured? If so do you have any confirmation from your insurance company they will cover your liability whist you are flying as you see fit? If you are not insured I guess it's a bit irrelevant. However in our litigation rich society, things tend to rapidly go down the pan when an accident occurs and can often cost a whole lot more than a drone. My hobby is shooting, personally I have held liability insurance for more years than I care to remember, many of my friends don't bother. Recently a friend took a shot a a rabbit, just as he pulled the trigger a dog run from a bush directly into the line of fire. Freak accidents are the ones that cost the most and this cost him big time. It makes no odds to me who does what or what does who but as a community our individual activities and actions will effect a great many people, the more fuel added to the fire the greater heat we will all feel.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

nice video op.im just wondering were you worried at all when the drone goes out of sight?i would love to do something like this but i know id be shitting myself in case it would crash or the fact that i could not see the drone itself.?

Reactions: Neon Euc
From a liability point of view, are you insured? If so do you have any confirmation from your insurance company they will cover your liability whist you are flying as you see fit? If you are not insured I guess it's a bit irrelevant. However in our litigation rich society, things tend to rapidly go down the pan when an accident occurs and can often cost a whole lot more than a drone. My hobby is shooting, personally I have held liability insurance for more years than I care to remember, many of my friends don't bother. Recently a friend took a shot a a rabbit, just as he pulled the trigger a dog run from a bush directly into the line of fire. Freak accidents are the ones that cost the most and this cost him big time. It makes no odds to me who does what or what does who but as a community our individual activities and actions will effect a great many people, the more fuel added to the fire the greater heat we will all feel.

Absolutely right that you should be licensed and insured when using a loaded gun and I really don't see the similarity between your hobby and mine. When you pull the trigger you have no further control over the lead expelled from the barrel. I on the other hand can stop, RTH, land or use obstacle avoidance before things happen. If in the unlikely event someone was hit by a moving drone I doubt they would be carried off in a wooden box unlike your poor dog.

nice video op.im just wondering were you worried at all when the drone goes out of sight?i would love to do something like this but i know id be shitting myself in case it would crash or the fact that i could not see the drone itself.?
I remember the first time i set waypoints with Litchi and set my p4 off on its journey, it went behind a structure and i lost contact which scared me to death but shortly after it came back online and was still continuing with the course i had set. I have since made many more flights where my p4 is out of sight but still connected and I have faith in the Litchi app which is all you can do if you want to get those amazing shots of inaccessible places.
If you are going to set waypoints double check heights of building, trees etc using your takeoff point as zero, if not sure go high. Try to avoid going behind structures to stay connected then you can watch the route as it unfolds and more importantly stop if things don't look right.

A quick read across the forums will show many instances where drones go out of control. Unlike flights in populated areas and gun would never be discharged in a populated area. 1kg falling at terminal velocity hitting some one on the head would certainly result in damage, not to mention x4 rotors and an incendiary device fitted to the rear.

I think how much anyone spends on their drone is irrelevant.

I could say I didn't spend £80k on a car to drive 70mph on motorway. That doesn't make it right. If everyone said that, what rules would we have. Everyone's common sense varies greatly. People have different ideas of what is right and what is not - take Brexit or Trump election for example.

Sending drones out on automated missions means we have no control. Like in this case, operator error meant that his drone landed in someone's garden.

Had that been on busy road, anything could have happened.

At the end of the day, the operator is responsible for their craft, not try to blame
Litchi or DJI for their f@&£k up first as happened here. Of course tech is improving but you cannot assure me you will never have an accident with your drone.

It would be nice to get a consensus of what is acceptable and what is not. How many miles from airports or Houses of Parliament doesn't really matter in the end because as shown here, plenty of people would probably think the footage is nice and they have paid premium for their drone to fly where they like, where they think they can.

A select few should not be excluded from rules, otherwise everyone should. I would like to fly over cities day and night, one way automated missions, sneak into National Trust land to defy the volunteers to come and tell me off. I would like to film over village greens on village fetes and marinas full of boats and harbours full of ships. I could say here that it's all ok, I paid £500 for my drone and I'm not going to film lakes and fields. I haven't crashed and my drone is safe.

Really??

Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: johnyoung
It def did go out of sight haha. I was so scared the first time but as soon as it came back it felt great. Like the first time you ever flew the drone out of the box. Felt so alive :)

Reactions: ObiDon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl