Night time flight over town centre in bromley, (before my london

Neon, what do the rules say where you are about flying at night over a city? I think you may be missing the point here. The footage is nice, but I'm thinking you probably are breaking your laws.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Very nice Neon, used to live in Bromers for about 6 months then went to Sarfend for a year. I'll be flying mine next weekend, work has been manic so haven't even tried it out :(

Nice video, Neon! Your town is a bit bigger than mine...

Jerry

Nicely done Jerry. Interesting how you kept all footage on a straight shot on all roads. Loved the shot passing over the oncoming truck. He probably thought it was a UFO or maybe he knew it was a UAV. Then the nicely executed turn to return, you kept the staight line shots too. I'm guessing you flew this flight in the wee hours or at least when most people were sleeping based on the amount of traffic. Nice job!

Reactions: Neon Euc and Jtrjr
Footage is good. Unfortunately it does violate all the CAA rules. Why do we bother...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
As much as I agree the flight was negligent in approach, did the OP really "break" any laws? . It's my understanding that if you are not a commercial user there is nothing to stop a night flight and there is no legal definition of a congested area. Unbelievable risk which could have resulted in the uav being literally blown out of the sky and possibly ended in a severe injury. There can be no doubt additional legislation will come in to force and I can see the day when drones will be the tools of professional operators only, without a doubt videos showing high risk flights and actual real world incidents can only speed this process.

John
Nice work ! Which software did you use for editing ?

thanks

Luca

Nicely done Jerry. Interesting how you kept all footage on a straight shot on all roads. Loved the shot passing over the oncoming truck. He probably thought it was a UFO or maybe he knew it was a UAV. Then the nicely executed turn to return, you kept the staight line shots too. I'm guessing you flew this flight in the wee hours or at least when most people were sleeping based on the amount of traffic. Nice job!

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

As much as I agree the flight was negligent in approach, did the OP really "break" any laws? . It's my understanding that if you are not a commercial user there is nothing to stop a night flight and there is no legal definition of a congested area. Unbelievable risk which could have resulted in the uav being literally blown out of the sky and possibly ended in a severe injury. There can be no doubt additional legislation will come in to force and I can see the day when drones will be the tools of professional operators only, without a doubt videos showing high risk flights and actual real world incidents can only speed this process.

John

We lose many freedoms in the interest of safety and security. Look at the Patriot Act that nobody knew about. What's next. Yes, probably drone's in any zone will be restricted or out right not permitted except for part107's. Seems sometimes we drone pilots are more concerned than the FAA or the FCC than they are concerned about us. Article 9 of our constitution states in essence that we can do whatever we want as long as it doesn't interfere with the other basic freedoms listed in the constitution. However, our lawmakers try to prevent whatever they think "might happen" and make laws against the "if" in any situation, therefore stifling our inherent basic freedoms. Now don't you all go getting in a political uproar. This is my opinion and I only voice it because johnnyyoung used my post where I was talking to Jerry about his great footage in his video. I was not relating my post to the breaking of any laws. So, johnnyyoung, you shouldn't be using my post in your explanation of breaking any laws. Boy, I opened a can of worms here. Lol. Relax people.

Thanks, NRJ! Yes, I intentionally did it when I knew few would be out and about. I actually flew very low right past a policeman at the downtown cop shop (I didn't put him in the video). He looked up, saw it and went about his business. Thanks for the note.

Jerry

Reactions: NRJ
Neon, what do the rules say where you are about flying at night over a city? I think you may be missing the point here. The footage is nice, but I'm thinking you probably are breaking your laws.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I admit I properly did in all honesty. It was a one off so I have no need to do it again but it was something I always wanted to try [emoji6]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Excellent video well done. I liked the fireworks in the distance really cool. I too did a maiden night vid but decided to sync it with a day vid on the same flight plan. here is the result.
Wow. That was really nicely put together. Love at how you edited the day and night together [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

John

I just feel that rules are rules whether we agree with them or not. Whether we agree is a whole different debate. The rules that are in place should be respected either by all or no one. I'm happy with either option.

I just feel that rules are rules whether we agree with them or not. Whether we agree is a whole different debate. The rules that are in place should be respected either by all or no one. I'm happy with either option.

I see where your coming from, but everybody brakes rules, could be a few MPH over the speed limit, coming in a few mins late at work to quickly have a smoke, knowing the shop gave you to much change but you say nothing, etc... Lol not saying rules are their to be broken but now and again sometimes it's our nature to push the boundaries for enjoyment. I certainly didn't buy the phantom to fly a Max height of 100M in a field. I spent almost £700 and I intend to use this to it's full advantage [emoji6]

Reactions: Pluto88888

I agree with you whole heart. I fly commercial so wouldn't dream of night flights over what I would assess as a congested area. Let alone combine the both with flying over a mock war zone, what commercial operator would, why? Well because I have something to lose. In my opinion it is not until uav are licensed or restricted for non commercial operators will people realise the error of their ways. I can understand people have invested money in to their uav, so have I in to my car, but I don't drive down a high street at 100 mph, because it's dangerous and I have something to lose. Operating a car isn't vastly different than operating a uav, the same care and attention and respect for other people's safety applies. John

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik