Newby here. Can I use my PS4 controller for a sim program? Which one?

Reaction score
Greetings all. I'm hoping you all can point me to some solutions for practicing a simulator before I buy a drone to fly. And yes, I will be buying one in the near future for my existing film/video business (also my photography). I'm a pro photographer, getting into more video now.

So..... I have a PS4 at home, which I rarely use....but CAN I use the controller on either my Macbook Pro, or is there a good PS4 drone game that is realistic? (or other ideas)

In your replies (if I get any), please be mindful that I may not know any jargon and lingo yet!
Thanks for any help : )

Have you Googled this?

You’ll have an answer immediately.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! When you get your DJI drone you can use the built in simulator in conjunction with your iPad and the actually controller you use to fly the drone, check it out here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The phantom remote does not have a trainer port so you can’t connect to your MAC to use realflight or another simulator.

You will be able to use the DJI SIM.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! When you get your DJI drone you can use the built in simulator in conjunction with your iPad and the actually controller you use to fly the drone, check it out here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's good to know. I am really wanting to just do a good simulator for a while before I ever buy a drone, just to be sure I can even do this. I have recently downloaded the SkyViper ap for my iPad, and it's pretty decent, but not having real controls is harder. If I could use my PS4 controller for a simulator, I could get more accustomed to actual controls in my hand, not a flat screen virtual controller on my iPad. I know there must be a huge difference, because I've tried to play something simple like PacMan on an iPad, using a visual joystick, and it's horrible. Then I go play my own PacMan game, with an actual joystick, and it's worlds better.

So, is there any software I can use with my PS4 controller?

You can fly a drone!!!
They are completely stabilized.

Reactions: With The Birds
The phantoms are ridiculously easy to fly. Easier than any PlayStation game or Pac-Man. If you let go of the sticks it will just sit there waiting for you to collect your thoughts. Very little skill required.

The phantoms are ridiculously easy to fly. Easier than any PlayStation game or Pac-Man. If you let go of the sticks it will just sit there waiting for you to collect your thoughts. Very little skill required.
Well, I like that concept. And it has to be easier than PacMan, unless there are also 4 goblins chasing me constantly as I fly around.

Reactions: Hounddog
Why are people posting a video on using the DJI flight sim when this is is the Phantom 2 Vision forum and not the Phantom 3 and above forum unless the OP has posted in the wrong forum.

But as said you don’t need a simulator just find a large field and

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.