Can anyone do a 3D design for 1" Ram-Mount ball on Phantom 4 Pro Controller?

That's cool. Here is another option. I didn't model the ball but it would ideally be used with the rubber Ram Mount ball with female threaded fitting. The advantage this one has is that the weight and forces of the display are spread over the two original mounting points. The disadvantage is that it puts the whole assembly up higher. If I was doing this for myself, i'd just screw a ball into the top hole, like you are doing. If I was designing something for commercial sale, I would lean toward something like this.
1544644030457.png
1544644070117.png
1544644085620.png
1544644192166.png

I would be willing to play with that. As you said, I think it is going to be pretty high and and I think alot of torque on that one printed piece. If you send me the file, i will print it and test it. I did play with this in Fusioni 360 but I just can not figure out the concave bottom (loft function). Thanks again for your help!

Phantom 4 Pro Controller Ram Mount|Autodesk Online Gallery

Attachments

• Phantom4 Ram Mount v1 v3 v1 v1.png
    Phantom4 Ram Mount v1 v3 v1 v1.png
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Phantom4 Ram Mount V451.zip
    746.9 KB · Views: 1,477
Last edited:
I would be willing to play with that. As you said, I think it is going to be pretty high and and I think alot of torque on that one printed piece. If you send me the file, i will print it and test it. I did play with this in Fusioni 360 but I just can not figure out the concave bottom (loft function). Thanks again for your help!

Phantom 4 Pro Controller Ram Mount|Autodesk Online Gallery
Yup. Not at home right now but i'll package it up tonight. I didn't have the base size of the ram mount so I winged it. The rest should be pretty accurate.

That's cool. Here is another option. I didn't model the ball but it would ideally be used with the rubber Ram Mount ball with female threaded fitting. The advantage this one has is that the weight and forces of the display are spread over the two original mounting points. The disadvantage is that it puts the whole assembly up higher. If I was doing this for myself, i'd just screw a ball into the top hole, like you are doing. If I was designing something for commercial sale, I would lean toward something like this.View attachment 106260View attachment 106261View attachment 106262View attachment 106263
Do you happen to have the design of the attachment for the Inspire 2? For the I2 the "phone holder" would need to be removed and a ball type attached to the
Yup. Not at home right now but i'll package it up tonight. I didn't have the base size of the ram mount so I winged it. The rest should be pretty accurate.

And it may not be too talll at all with the short connector:
http://a.co/d/1ERM4Le

Thanks again!!

I only have a P4A. sent you a msg with the other files. It wouldn't let me post the attachments here. To get a 3D model of your inspire mount you could try autodesk Recap. Cheaper than a scanner. Or just model it, lynda.com has some really top-notch learning series for autodesk products.

I only have a P4A. sent you a msg with the other files. It wouldn't let me post the attachments here. To get a 3D model of your inspire mount you could try autodesk Recap. Cheaper than a scanner. Or just model it, lynda.com has some really top-notch learning series for autodesk products.
Sweetchicken, thank you very much. I had never heard of the Recap but I have just downloaded the trial. Will give that a shot. I have used Lynda for other stuff so I will see what they have on F360. Thanks again for your help. I will let you know how it turns out.

Sweetchicken, thank you very much. I had never heard of the Recap but I have just downloaded the trial. Will give that a shot. I have used Lynda for other stuff so I will see what they have on F360. Thanks again for your help. I will let you know how it turns out.

no problemo. yes, please lmk how it turns out. I just got a Samsung Note 9, the screen brightness is saaweeeet. So i'm good with the stock mount. But I'm a fan of Ram mount stuff.

I use PLA+ and PETG for high stress parts like this. Both PLA+ and PETG you can hit with a hammer without damaging it, just make sure you have good layer adhesion.

This discussion is now officially 'out of my league', but very interesting. :)

The ability to conceive, model, and create a solid 3D object at home, and the talent you folks have for doing so, is amazing.

Keep up the good work, I'll enjoy following this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers