Newbie Phantom 4 Pilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just signed up on this forum to get the best experiences from anyone who can give me input with regards to being better in flying my new drone. I just literally got this drone yesterday and I have so much questions. I hope I get help from everyone who is willing to put their insights with regards to this particular equipment. I have been watching a lot of tutorials on YouTube but sometimes it don't cover the weirdest questions in our head so, I will start with all these questions. Thank you again in advance.

1.What happens to the drone if it loses remote control signal while on air?
2. What happens if it was not set up yet to go back to home point?
3. What happens if it flies too far up or too far away from the RC, will it crash or will it come back home?
4. What happens if it was too far away at critical battery level (i.e. 10%) and drains before it reaches homepoint?

I'll think of other questions and I hope everyone won't get tired of helping out a newbie pilot.

Thanks so much.

~M.P.

Reactions: Mark C.
Hello everyone.

I just signed up on this forum to get the best experiences from anyone who can give me input with regards to being better in flying my new drone. I just literally got this drone yesterday and I have so much questions. I hope I get help from everyone who is willing to put their insights with regards to this particular equipment. I have been watching a lot of tutorials on YouTube but sometimes it don't cover the weirdest questions in our head so, I will start with all these questions. Thank you again in advance.

3. What happens if it flies too far up or too far away from the RC, will it crash or will it come back home?
4. What happens if it was too far away at critical battery level (i.e. 10%) and drains before it reaches homepoint?

I'll think of other questions and I hope everyone won't get tired of helping out a newbie pilot.

Thanks so much.

~M.P.
Welcome to the group! If you have been watching videos before you get flying your off to a good start. I would recommend that you stay in beginners mode until you learn more. There are a lot of great resources here and on YouTube as well. I bought my P4 in April and I'm having a great time with it. I had no real experience with drones, a bought a cheap one at first and learned how to fly. I quickly out grew it and bought the P4. It is so much easier to fly, however it has many more functions and stability. On your DJI Go app, on the Equipment screen, in the upper right corner you will see what looks like a box, if you click on it, it will bring you to videos to help you get started. Think safety first and take your time. Enjoy your bird and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group! If you have been watching videos before you get flying your off to a good start. I would recommend that you stay in beginners mode until you learn more. There are a lot of great resources here and on YouTube as well. I bought my P4 in April and I'm having a great time with it. I had no real experience with drones, a bought a cheap one at first and learned how to fly. I quickly out grew it and bought the P4. It is so much easier to fly, however it has many more functions and stability. On your DJI Go app, on the Equipment screen, in the upper right corner you will see what looks like a box, if you click on it, it will bring you to videos to help you get started. Think safety first and take your time. Enjoy your bird and have fun!

Thanks so much for such a quick response. Im just trying to familiarize this copter before I play around with it more and know all the necessary risks... Do you know how long it takes to charge the battery if it was completely drained and how long it takes to fully charge the transmitter and how long the transmitter lasts after fully charging it? Thanks again

Thanks so much for such a quick response. Im just trying to familiarize this copter before I play around with it more and know all the necessary risks... Do you know how long it takes to charge the battery if it was completely drained and how long it takes to fully charge the transmitter and how long the transmitter lasts after fully charging it? Thanks again
The battery take about an hour to charge, the RC takes longer, about 3 hours. I get about 5 -6 flights before I have to recharge the RC. I get about 18-20 minutes of flight out of a battery for the Air Craft. In your settings in your app when connected to your Air Craft you can control how soon the battery will discharge if not used. These batteries life shorten if left charged and unused. You can also adjust at what level it will return home if battery is low. I found a good source for videos on drones and DJI drones in an app called Udemy. There are all kinds of classes, most you have to pay for.

By default, it'll start returning to the home point 3 seconds after the remote controller signal is lost. Via a setting in DJI GO, you could make your Phantom hover in place or auto land instead.

If the home point has not been marked, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. You should verify that the home point has been marked in DJI GO before taking off.

The remote controller signal will be lost and RTH will be initiated 3 seconds later.

When the battery reaches the critical level, your Phantom will auto land at its current location. If it does not have enough time to make it to the ground for some reason, the battery will shut off and your Phantom will drop out of the sky. The latter is not that likely.

I have 3 questions: (from a new guy)

1. In the Flight List there is a little star at the top that can be turned yellow....what does it do?

2. I sync everything and I have green dots on some flights. Why?

3. Some people have mentioned huge flight distances. I lose video etc. at about 9755.1 ft. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help and patience with a newbee

I have 3 questions: (from a new guy)

1. In the Flight List there is a little star at the top that can be turned yellow....what does it do?

2. I sync everything and I have green dots on some flights. Why?

3. Some people have mentioned huge flight distances. I lose video etc. at about 9755.1 ft. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help and patience with a newbee

1. It marks that flight as a favourite of yours for easier sorting, absolutely pointless.

2. Because you have not viewed said flight, if you click into the flight the green dot will dissapear upon returning to flight list screen.

3. Because we are using modified controllers with more powerfull antennas and in some cases using amplifiers along with these more powerful antennas to boost the signals even more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik