Newbie needs help before first time flight

Reaction score
Hi there,

Had my phantom 3 for my birthday yesterday and ive done a little research before I took it for its first flight.

But came across this on you tube and made me nervous [emoji33] first flight is now on Hold [emoji22] . No doubt on my first flight I will have the case of the jelly thumbs lol. And have read there have been a few cases saying there p3s have just dropped from the sky , is it possible they have unknowing executed this move, sorry if it seems a silly question, and i am worrying over nothing, better safe than sorry

Thanks for your help

Jase[emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Attachments

• 1482061308005.png
    1482061308005.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 525
Yes, your Phantom will drop like a rock from the sky if you do a CSC mid-flight. You can try it in the flight simulator in DJI GO to see what happens.

If you're worried about it, you could install my CSC Safety on your remote controller to prevent an accidental CSC from being performed.

Know what it is and don't do it... It is pulling both sticks together and downward.

The latest firmware makes it so you have to hold sticks in that position for 3 seconds before it executes it.

I use that command every time I start motors to take off... but if you do the same command while in the air it will plummet! My dad panicked while 100ft up and did it.... had to get him another new Phantom...

Hi there,

Had my phantom 3 for my birthday yesterday and ive done a little research before I took it for its first flight.

But came across this on you tube and made me nervous [emoji33] first flight is now on Hold [emoji22] . No doubt on my first flight I will have the case of the jelly thumbs lol. And have read there have been a few cases saying there p3s have just dropped from the sky , is it possible they have unknowing executed this move, sorry if it seems a silly question, and i am worrying over nothing, better safe than sorry

Thanks for your help

Jase[emoji1]

Make sure you set the RETURN TO HOME altitude correctly for your surrounding objects. Know it in either feet or meters according to your usage. Meter is 3.3 ft. Mistaking meters for feet in the settings has been others calamity.

The latest firmware makes it so you have to hold sticks in that position for 3 seconds before it executes it.
DJI only made that change in the latest P3A/P3P firmware.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
DJI only made that change in the latest P3A/P3P firmware.
Thank you for clarifying it. Don't want misunderstanding of that. And I'd wait to update the firmware, heard DJI is improving the last release so there will be another release soon supposedly.

Hi there,

Thanks for your help

Jase[emoji1]

RTFM, take your time, do a little preparations, then ease into it. Remember learning to ride a bike, or drive? Similar, but easier. If you have a big lawn take it out and get it into the air and get the feel of it. DO NOT send it 400 feet up and half a mile away to learn how to fly it. Ya can't see it. It is probably frozen there, but here a nice springy soft St. Augustine lawn is a comforting safety net. You will surprise yourself.

Reactions: Dr. Klutz
Hi everyone,, thanks for your reply. I think I'll just take baby steps at first. Live by a huge field so I'll take it over there. Thanks again and as long as I don't panic I should be OK [emoji106][emoji106]

@Jase20200,
Welcome the the Forum,
All above good. ;)

Check out this link,
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Yep, Panic usually causes bad thinks.

RTH, Fail safe, gps, atti, etc
If you loose gps, your automatically in atti, If you don't know atti is, you will. :eek:

When you update firmware, recheck all your settings.

Stay away from trees, they don't move out of the way, they connected to earth, the usually win the battle.

Search key word, "I crashed my" :rolleyes:

http://www.phantompilots.com/search/20877319/?q=I+crashed+my&o=relevance

Rod

Once your up in the air flying about if you lose orientation release the sticks, let the Phantom settle and hold its position, take a few breaths then check the map view to get a fix on its orientation/ heading. If you can't see it well enough with your eyes then use the map to fly it back to you until you can. Altitude is your friend , it's a lot harder to hit things on the ground if you keep it up above the tallest item around.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Once your up in the air flying about if you lose orientation release the sticks, let the Phantom settle and hold its position, take a few breaths then check the map view to get a fix on its orientation/ heading. If you can't see it well enough with your eyes then use the map to fly it back to you until you can. Altitude is your friend , it's a lot harder to hit things on the ground if you keep it up above the tallest item around.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

thumbs.jpg

Rod

Thanks everyone for you reply, , made for a good read. Much appreciated fella's. Going to get some upgrades for it,, any good sites apart from the Bay. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.