P4P+ V1 New RC Trying to connect, Help

Reaction score
So I have a P4P+ drone and controller and I wanted a new controller but without the built in screen. I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. The difference between the GL300C and GL300C version b is the flight control modes are P-S-A on the version B. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay that looked like it was in good condition and Confirmed that the flight modes were P-S-A. When I connected the new controller to my phone and turned on the drone I pressed the remote control linking button in the app then I pressed the linking button on the drone. No beeps or anything from the drone. tried multiple times nothing happend. Power cycled everything nothing happend. I help the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the app and updated the controller firmware. Tried connecting again nothing happend. Is there a way that I have to disconnect the Pro Plus controller first before I can connect the new one? Also when I have my phone connected and the controller is on it shows up as Phantom 4 and not Phantom 4 pro.
Any other recommendations? Help

Last edited:

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So I have a P4P+ drone and controller and I wanted a new controller but without the built in screen. I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. The difference between the GL300C and GL300C version b is the flight control modes are P-S-A on the version B. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay that looked like it was in good condition and Confirmed that the flight modes were P-S-A. When I connected the new controller to my phone and turned on the drone I pressed the remote control linking button in the app then I pressed the linking button on the drone. No beeps or anything from the drone. tried multiple times nothing happend. Power cycled everything nothing happend. I help the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the app and updated the controller firmware. Tried connecting again nothing happend. Is there a way that I have to disconnect the Pro Plus controller first before I can connect the new one? Also when I have my phone connected and the controller is on it shows up as Phantom 4 and not Phantom 4 pro.
Any other recommendations? Help
Have you set the RC type?

Screen shots from Mike S:
8F519FC2-F870-40C9-B13C-ADA566EC2512.jpeg

Reactions: ianzone
Reaction score
Does the one you purchased have this (Ver B.) on the back?

1651160908333.png

Reaction score
Glad to help solve the mystery.
Hopefully, you'll be able to sell that and get a Ver. b or a GL300F.
I went through the same thing back in 2017 and ended up getting an "F".
There are days I wished the screen was a little brighter with my 9" iPad 6th gen.
The "E" screens are a bit small but the brightness was pretty good as I remember.
Have been wondered if they've updated software/firmware for the "E".
I need to check back into the updates/work around for the "E" to see if folks are still having issues.
People were having glitches & not trusting the "E"'s after they were modded back then and I didn't want to deal with that.

Reactions: Capt KO

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Correct 300F was the one shipped with the P4P. Has more signal strength than the 300C verB

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay.
When you said you bought a 300C Ver.B, I assumed you actually had a 300C Ver.B. Sorry to assume and not verify first. 😉

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miatakoss