Newbie first crash

*slaps head* just seen this link... And I think I knew what happened and what you had to do all along... (Bear in mind I'm a newbie with 3 days experience) but it's simply.... A software problem... All you had to do was re-install the firmware.... Taking it apart meant you done a reset as all the wires were disconnected... It's like taking a battery out of a watch... The time rested to zero and it all has to be reprogrammed again, that puts it to factory standards... I could be wrong... After all I only had my first ever drone for 3 days.... But when it comes to software ... Well.. I'm a geek lol. But seriously... Installing a whole software installation would have fixed it .... Think about it.. when it crashed... You had the gimble, the sensors and the altitude all giving out soooooo much info so fast it couldn't handle it and it shut down.... Next time guys rule number one.... "Don't talk about fight club" err.... No.... I mean... Rule number one is do a software install (god I hope I'm right... Esp being a newbie)[emoji39]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

*slaps head* just seen this link... And I think I knew what happened and what you had to do all along... (Bear in mind I'm a newbie with 3 days experience) but it's simply.... A software problem... All you had to do was re-install the firmware.... Taking it apart meant you done a reset as all the wires were disconnected... It's like taking a battery out of a watch... The time rested to zero and it all has to be reprogrammed again, that puts it to factory standards... I could be wrong... After all I only had my first ever drone for 3 days.... But when it comes to software ... Well.. I'm a geek lol. But seriously... Installing a whole software installation would have fixed it .... Think about it.. when it crashed... You had the gimble, the sensors and the altitude all giving out soooooo much info so fast it couldn't handle it and it shut down.... Next time guys rule number one.... "Don't talk about fight club" err.... No.... I mean... Rule number one is do a software install (god I hope I'm right... Esp being a newbie)[emoji39]

I am confused are you sure you posted in the right thread?
Rod

Reactions: JonnyBenson
I don't have to imagine, I watched mine drop 225', It was auto landing on critical battery.
The problem was the auto landing locations elevation was 300' below my take off point.
The battery shut down 75' below my starting elevation.
Pilot error, not releasing a had wind above me and not in my favor.:rolleyes:

Rod

Aww man that must have been frightening. Was it destroyed?

Well I took it up to 200 :eek::eek::eek: And it came down fine, just very very scary!!!!
That motor thing is weird, So you still on vacation?
Are we going to see vacation photos?

Rod

Depth perception is a number one problem - can you tell from 70-80 meters away if your drone is going to pass in front of, into, or behind that tall tree?
As we all know trees have a magnetic attraction to all rc aircraft!
Good luck!

HUH?

Reactions: RodPad
That motor thing is weird, So you still on vacation?
Are we going to see vacation photos?

Rod
1fb2a8c9f25cdf27a726ec0784d89274.jpg

First one i'm happy with [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H850 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gutch
Last night at my house, or above my house.:rolleyes:
DJI_0327.JPG

Reactions: JonnyBenson
There HAS to be a button unless yours is the ONLY Phantom without one. There's a diagram/drawing in the manual that shows you where the button us.

Mine doesn't have a button for linking either. (p3 professional with 4K.

It only has a LED.

Kurt

Mine doesn't have a button for linking either. (p3 professional with 4K.

It only has a LED.

Kurt
There IS a button. Its location is shown on page 28 of the manual, along with complete instructions on how to link it. If you only have an LED, then the LED is the button. All P3Ps are 4K.

The manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom+3+Professional+User+Manual+v1.8_en_20160719.pdf

Also, see link below:

How to: Link Controller on Phantom 3 – Dronefly

Last edited:
Reactions: iflyhelis
There IS a button. Its location is shown on page 28 of the manual, along with complete instructions on how to link it. If you only have an LED, then the LED is the button. All P3Ps are 4K.

The manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom+3+Professional+User+Manual+v1.8_en_20160719.pdf

Also, see link below:

How to: Link Controller on Phantom 3 – Dronefly

Thanks for the info, I did read the manual, but didn't understand, now thanks to all that replied my question is solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik