Newbie cant seem to calibrate Compass

Reaction score
Hi,

Went for my first flight today. I brought the quick start guide with me and followed it. on Step 6: calibrating the compass I followed the steps, the indicators were solid yellow, so I rotate horizontally and get the solid green. I followed this with doing it vertically. After 360 degrees the light turns off and flashes green. I take off and I notice it is hovering, but seems to be "drifting" quite a bit. I land and double check the procedure, recalibrate and have exactly the same results.

I decide to take the phantom home. I watch a youtube video in which they demonstrate calibrating with the front down(not mentioned in the quick start). I tried calibrating with this method. The horizontal turned from yellow to green as expected. When I did the vertical I get flashing red lights. Did it again with the same results --- Not sure what to do?

Thanks OI.

I tried it, no flashing red now. Waiting for GPS lock (Flashing green). Got the yellow when I pull the switch 6 times. I do the horizontal and it changes to solid green. Do the vertical, and then it just starts flashing green(same as if its ready to fly). Does that mean its ready to go? That's exactly what happened the first time but I had some issues while in the air.

I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2hfclQAjcM

When he was done he got a fast green blink --- I don't get that.

If it seems to wander after doing the compass a couple of times you ought to be checking the IMU calibration in Assistant software.
But you do sometimes get a bit of circling for the first minute or so, then it almost seems to 'learn' where it is and settle down once it's been up a while.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4