New user - Software/Firmware versions

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up a used DJI Phantom Advanced and have some questions about versions of software working together etc.

My Phantom have version 1.9.60, but the remote seem to have 1.6.0
Is this normal? what version do you recommend ?

Also, it came with a ipad mini 4 16gb Wifi+Cellular running IOS 9.3.4 with a message asking me to update it to ios10.

I will eventually play with Litchi as we....should I leave it at IOS 9 for now or is 10 good to go? I read many conflicting issues, but I don't know if that was initial issues that have been resolved?

I took it up on a flight (or 2 actually as it came with 2 batteries) and it seem to behave well, but I have no previous experience except for small indoor quads, so my reference point is null.

Also I noticed a crack in one of the motor arms by one of the screws...should I be worried about it breaking off during a flight or is this cracking normal? Should I let some cyanoacrylate seep into the crack and maybe somewhat seal it?

Thanks

Hi all,

I just picked up a used DJI Phantom Advanced and have some questions about versions of software working together etc.

My Phantom have version 1.9.60, but the remote seem to have 1.6.0
Is this normal? what version do you recommend ?

Also, it came with a ipad mini 4 16gb Wifi+Cellular running IOS 9.3.4 with a message asking me to update it to ios10.

I will eventually play with Litchi as we....should I leave it at IOS 9 for now or is 10 good to go? I read many conflicting issues, but I don't know if that was initial issues that have been resolved?

I took it up on a flight (or 2 actually as it came with 2 batteries) and it seem to behave well, but I have no previous experience except for small indoor quads, so my reference point is null.

Also I noticed a crack in one of the motor arms by one of the screws...should I be worried about it breaking off during a flight or is this cracking normal? Should I let some cyanoacrylate seep into the crack and maybe somewhat seal it?

Thanks
Hello and welcome!

All of the versions you have are fine. Unless you have a compelling reason to change them, if they were mine I would leave them as they are for now. Especially since you already noted that it behaves well.

If you are interested, click the link below for a few tips I like to share. It contains useful info and links to even more useful info:

Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

Cheers!

Did you buy this new? You're describing the "dreaded stress cracks" that are much discussed here, and if you're showing evidence of them this quickly, a warranty claim might be a real good idea.

As for firmware, my strategy has been to hold for a few weeks on updates, then check here and RC groups to see if there's been any outcry before I run the updates. I will also fly 1 or 2 batteries' worth around the park nearby to make sure everything's behaving post-update before I attempt anything more ambitious

As suggested by O S O, keep the SW, FW as they are now, fly and get real experience first before thinking of updating.

You got to fix cracks as they will grow as you fly. If covered under warranty , let DJI take care of it else you plan to fix or replace shells.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you buy this new? You're describing the "dreaded stress cracks" that are much discussed here, and if you're showing evidence of them this quickly, a warranty claim might be a real good idea.

Not new...as stated in my original post, this is used...picked it up from Craigslist so I doubt I have any warranty claim unless their warranty transfers with sales.
I didn't notice the cracks while inspecting it when I met with the seller.

Paid $820 for the whole package (I though it was a pretty good deal)..the drone, 2 batteries ,charger, 2 set of props (1 carbon fiber),an IPad mini 4 16Gb LTE in original box and a back pack style carrying case.

Here is a clip I have from my first 2 batteries of flight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj