New P4P Pro v2.0 Update Firmware

Reaction score
I did a search but I cannot find a clear answer.

I just received a brand new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 Never flown. It has the original firmware for the drone and the controller. I have read where some of the versions of firmware caused problems. I have read some advice to not update the firmware, and a discussion the latest version is good to go.

This is my first drone. Should I upgrade the firmware?

See this thread - I wondered about updating mine and posed a similar question:
Short answer is "Depends" - on what software & tablet you are using. I upadated my 2018 iPad 9.7" to latest iOS (13.xx) just a few days ago, then the Go software, then the controller & bird. Dis a quick test in my neighborhood and seems fine - although did not put it through all functions & modes. But seems fine.

I am using an Ipad Mini 5 with the latest IOS software. When checking on the firmware version I am running the latest for the drone and the controller. I do get a prompt to update the NFZ to the latest database. I clicked Ignore for now unless otherwise recommended here.

I am watching Tony's Northrup video tutorial on this and will do my first flight when done.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using an Ipad Mini 5 with the latest IOS software. When checking on the firmware version I am running the latest for the drone and the controller. I do get a prompt to update the NFZ to the latest database. I clicked Ignore for now unless otherwise recommended here.

I am watching Tony's Northrup video tutorial on this and will do my first flight when done.

Thanks for the reply.
I would update the NFZ list too.

I did a search but I cannot find a clear answer.

I just received a brand new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 Never flown. It has the original firmware for the drone and the controller. I have read where some of the versions of firmware caused problems. I have read some advice to not update the firmware, and a discussion the latest version is good to go.

This is my first drone. Should I upgrade the firmware?

Look into getting NoLimitDronz, you can get rid of NFZ and Altitude limits among other things

Reactions: Jon Samson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik