New to forum and P3P

Dna

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a P3P and so far... well my experience has been nothing but frustration. Out of the box the RC firmware was all screwy and gave me, FW must be updated error. After updating that, it gave the RC error, so I downgraded the RC back to the original which then gave a firmware inconsistent error.

I am trying to update AC firmware, but DJI is very poor at telling me what RC FW matches what AC firmware.

Any help would be appreciated. I havent even gotten the rotors to spin on the ground.

Thanks,

D

Reactions: Jerprin
Welcome!

FW updates are optional. If you have gotten them back to where they were when you took it out of the box, just use that until you are comfortable.

Sadly, too many people just start to update and often create problems for themselves that are difficult or impossible to undo.

My advice is to NOT update but to become familiar with what you have first and then decide later when you know more and are more comfortable.

If you are interested, click here for tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. Several of the tips pertain to FW, including what I said here as well as the awesome link from msinger which he posted earlier.

Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear you are having problems.
I have to agree with the above comments & also wish you good luck getting in the air

Be patient. I have a p3p for quite a while. I don't upgrade because I have it dialed in and I know my aircraft thoroughly inside and out. I have complete confidence in my drone. If you get it straightened out you will see why we are addicted to this hobby.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72