New Phantom RC is dead

Very disappointing to hear. Sorry about that.

Just a FYI...it is 'RMA', not "MRA". ;)

Here is what I don't understand about any of this...Why do you feel the need/desire to return the entire thing? There isn't anything wrong with the P4 itself, just the remote. So just get it repaired/replaced and be done with it.

I agree on bad customer service...just went through that with Bangood.com. Very frustrating.

MRA or RMA = Semantics its called both so lets not go there

I tried to return just the controller, they said 2-3 weeks, then after bitching about that it was well we might be able rush it through in 5-7 days. 8 hours later they closed the ticket and cancelled the MRA. I wanted a controller sent out and with the MRA I would send back the broken one. They wouldn't do that.

So since I already knew what was coming, I asked to just refund the entire product. They wouldn't do that as they said I caused the issue. So they responded back they would swap out the entire package for a new one. I agreed with that then that was it nothing further.

So the whole issue is you want a new remote sent 1st and then return the original? What if they can repair yours?

I agree also about having to pay to return ship what didn't work to begin with. But I am certain it isn't personal, just business because they have been abused so much from unscrupulous customers in the past.

If you want to fly it to see how it feels, you can pair it with my RC.
From what I have read, the P4 has the worst Tx and Rx of all the drones out there. Everybody is complaining of distance range as being the shortest.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Glad I bought my p4 at my local Apple store. Had to return my first one due to a faulty usb port on the ship. Was in and out of the store in minutes with another ship. Was worth payin the sales tax. Apple only does the full exchange for 14 days from original date of purchase. After that you have to send to DJI.

What I wanted is a sorry you had a problem let's check a few things, yes it looks like the controller is dead. I'll send another out and here is the return number to ship yours back.

That didn't happen and it was, let's troubleshoot your aircraft, oh wait we are talking about your controller. You can ship the controller back for repair 2-3 weeks. I wasn't accepting that as a solution on a new product 1 hour out of the box that failed.

If he had been flying the P4 for a month I would understand having to send in the controller for repair. But why should he accept repair for something brand new & not working out-of-the-box? Not a good omen of things to come! Personally I would not accept a repair on something brand new. If it breaks within the return period either exchange the defective item for a new one or I would return it & purchase new from another source with better service.

So the whole issue is you want a new remote sent 1st and then return the original? What if they can repair yours?

I agree also about having to pay to return ship what didn't work to begin with. But I am certain it isn't personal, just business because they have been abused so much from unscrupulous customers in the past.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, even if I had to take a replacement, I'd just sell it online. I'm not interested in owning another DJI product ever again.

DJI has a policy once there is resolution agreed they stop talking to you? It's so weird.

After they replaced my P3P I complaint again that I lost my battery in the wreck and they sent a new battery but zero communication. Just one day the package full of the battery and all kinds of stuff showed up.

It's a strange thing but I hear lots of people talk about the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not a good omen of things to come!
An omen? We believe in omens and ju-ju curses now?
Serious.jpg

Personally I would not accept a repair on something brand new.
And so you buy a car, or a house and something needs to be fixed...you get a different one?

Reactions: azpilot61
Look, I'm not justifying DJI here or the OP...I'm just saying it is business. These things cost money. It isn't a $20 coffee pot from Big Lots you return and get another. If there is something wrong, they need to have the opportunity to repair it and if it can't, THEN get a new one. And even at that, I am talking remote control ONLY. The Phantom itself is not the issue so does not need to be changed because we "think" it "might" be/go bad.:rolleyes:

We're not talking about a house. We're talkin about an easily-replaceable plastic RC from a $1400 quad. And if I bought a car & the motor blew as I drove off the dealer's lot they'd be taking that back too.

Are we to seriously believe that, were you to bring home your shiny new 80" flat screen & it failed to power on, you'd be content to just send it off for a few weeks of repair?

And so you buy a car, or a house and something needs to be fixed...you get a different one?

If I bought a new 80" flat screen and it failed to power on I would return it. Now, if I bought an 80" TV and the remote didn't work, I would expect replacement or repair of the remote. I wouldn't take back the whole setup, no. If I had a drne the remote didn't work but the drone did, I would expect a repaired/replacement remote. If the drone itself didn't work, then I would consider exchanging the whole kit. Just like if the engine blew on a new car as it is driven off the lot will get you an entire new car, but because the radio doesn't work, you don't get a whole new car.

As I said, it is just business and nothing personal.

So this happens to you an hour after taking out of the box, your OK with 2-3 weeks for a repair? it would have been very easy for them, we'll send you another controller out today and send yours back to us on the return. I would have been fine with that.

I'm not waiting 2-3 weeks, nor do I believe them on the we'll try to expedite it to 5-7 days. And if anyone wants to wait that long then good for them I won't.

This is where they fail miserably.

He wasn't offered a new remote he was offered a repair which would take several weeks. Imagine you can't use your new 80" TV for weeks while Sony repairs your defective remote. They should have expedited a new RC on an advanced exchange basis. If he failed to return the defective RC they'd bill him for it.
Exchanging the whole package only seems to have happened after they already alienated the customer. Altogether I'd rate it a Customer Service: FAIL moment.

If I bought a new 80" flat screen and it failed to power on I would return it. Now, if I bought an 80" TV and the remote didn't work, I would expect replacement or repair of the remote. I wouldn't take back the whole setup, no. If I had a drne the remote didn't work but the drone did, I would expect a repaired/replacement remote. If the drone itself didn't work, then I would consider exchanging the whole kit. Just like if the engine blew on a new car as it is driven off the lot will get you an entire new car, but because the radio doesn't work, you don't get a whole new car.

As I said, it is just business and nothing personal.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better. I'm saying what I expect in todays world. Right, wrong or indifferent, it is what it is.

What I wanted is a sorry you had a problem let's check a few things, yes it looks like the controller is dead. I'll send another out and here is the return number to ship yours back.

That didn't happen and it was, let's troubleshoot your aircraft, oh wait we are talking about your controller. You can ship the controller back for repair 2-3 weeks. I wasn't accepting that as a solution on a new product 1 hour out of the box that failed.

They require you ship yours back for repair or replacement. Few companies ship a replacement first then hope you return the defective item. The ones that do place a charge on your card in case the defective item never shows up. I think DJi was being reasonable in that case. Yes their excessive service times are a problem but 5-8 days seemed like a good deal.

DJI has a policy once there is resolution agreed they stop talking to you? It's so weird.

After they replaced my P3P I complaint again that I lost my battery in the wreck and they sent a new battery but zero communication. Just one day the package full of the battery and all kinds of stuff showed up.

It's a strange thing but I hear lots of people talk about the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
They did the same thing with my P3P warranty replacement. Sent out a W322 P3A with a P3P 4K camera on it and P3P stickers and face plate, but did not include the battery. Called immediately, and was promised it would ship the next day. 10 days later and 3 more promises to ship the battery and I still don't have it, and they supposedly can't ship one till Monday, because they only ship twice a week! :rolleyes: It's loony bin city up there! The replacement aircraft was shipped back loose in popcorn, despite the fact that I sent it to them with proper packing! Still waiting for an explanation of why they didn't send me a real P3P, instead of cobbled together P3A body with a 4K camera installed on it.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20