New personal distance best with P3S **UPDATE new max distance on page 2**

I think at some point, you just say ok....time to buy a lightbridge capable device......but i get it, its fun to just mod the hell out of things until you have dumped double what you paid for it! Trust me, I know that, I own a hole in the water that you throw money into (i.e. a boat) :)

I have a boat too. That's where the "175" comes from in my screen name. It's a 2006 Bayliner 175. B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand.

Well here it is. 11685 ft. 2.21 miles. Only mod is the homemade windsurfer. I removed the Magic Power mod (reverted to stock) and I think my video feed got more stable.

Reactions: Matts175
Awesome man. If you upgrade your birdside antennas to the dipole antennas in matts175 profile or make home made ones like in the homemade antenna thread, you won't have the issue of losing video feed when you turn around to come home. They are much more omni directional than the stock one's which are in the back if the bird near the battery.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Lunatech
That's amazing. You must have a factory freak.

Ohh.... and can you tell me how you made your video like that? With the tablet view up in the corner like that?

Reactions: Lunatech
Awesome man. If you upgrade your birdside antennas to the dipole antennas in matts175 profile or make home made ones like in the homemade antenna thread, you won't have the issue of losing video feed when you turn around to come home. They are much more omni directional than the stock one's which are in the back if the bird near the battery.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm seriously considering doing just that.

Ohh.... and can you tell me how you made your video like that? With the tablet view up in the corner like that?

Sure, here is the short version.
I'm using AirShou for IOS 10 to record the screen on my iPhone 7 and have the record resolution set at 720. It saves it in MP4 which for some reason doesn't play well on anything. I use Freemake Video Converter to convert it to AVI format. I then open it in VideoPad to rotate the screen recording to the correct orientation then crop it and position it. I then take the MP4 video from the Phantom and open it in the same session of the video editing software and make my PIP there. Fun part is getting them in sync.
Now you won't find AirShou in the app store, you have to side load it. Here is how I do it. How to Record Your iPad or iPhone's Screen (No Jailbreak or Computer Required) « iOS Gadget Hacks
And this is the actual AirShou website with instructions Airshou iOS 10 | AirShou

VideoPad has some really good online help to help fill in the blanks on how to exactly do everything. It's not that hard though.

LOL. I'm starting to think that myself with the crazy distances I'm getting. I wonder if I just found a "magic" flight path for distance. I've been flying the same path just to try and keep everything as close to repeatable as I can, plus it's the easiest path to fly as it's right out my front door.

On other weird thing. If you notice that even at the 11685 ft mark when I turn around I still have full signal from the RC to the AC, only the video is cutting out. I wonder just how far I could go if my video didn't go out.

Last edited:
I'm using AirShou for IOS 10 to record the screen on my iPhone 7 and have the record resolution set at 720. It saves it in MP4 which for some reason doesn't play well on anything. I use Freemake Video Converter to convert it to AVI format. I then open it in VideoPad to rotate the screen recording to the correct orientation then crop it and position it. I then take the MP4 video from the Phantom and open it in the same session of the video editing software and make my PIP there. Fun part is getting them in sync.
Now you won't find AirShou in the app store, you have to side load it. Here is how I do it. How to Record Your iPad or iPhone's Screen (No Jailbreak or Computer Required) « iOS Gadget Hacks
And this is the actual AirShou website with instructions Airshou iOS 10 | AirShou

VideoPad has some really good online help to help fill in the blanks on how to exactly do everything. It's not that hard though.

OK. Thank you. I'm on Android, so maybe I could find something similar.

Probably easier on Android than on iPhone and a screen recording is a screen recording. This is the first iPhone I've had (always had Android up till this one) and the jury is still out. I must say there are several things it does better but there are several things that are easy with Android that is a pain with Apple.

How you get airshou to work? I have a 6 plus and downloaded and installed airshou and once recorded i had no way to save the video?

I'll get the video posted sometime tomorrow of today's 2.21 mile run. The only thing I have is a homemade windsurfer. Also I think we've met on YouTube. I'm NC Quad Pilot there.
Yes! That's me! Good to see you on here.

How you get airshou to work? I have a 6 plus and downloaded and installed airshou and once recorded i had no way to save the video?
AirShou and Apple don't play well together very long. I just tried to open it and got an untrusted error. Usually I can uninstall it and reinstall it but can't right now. I'm on the hunt for a better one. I'll update if I find one or if AirShou becomes available again. I also have Litchi installed and will try out the screen record feature it has to see how it works. We've had high winds here all day with 50+mph gusts. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazzauk
Hi to all, just registered and found this thread, great distances!

I however only got my drone p3s about a week ago, had the parrot bebop 1 before, that scared the **** out of me, good fun but had a few times where return to home didn't kick in but it hovered in place until I reconnected the wifi, so I thought I'd get into the amateur droning before I go to a higher end one, wow I'm impressed in how easy this thing is to fly!

I'm in quite an urban area, max distance I could get out of the box was approx 80 to 100 meters, I wasn't that bothered at first as I was getting to grips with it, I also got lots of interference signals, I was in a park with large fields but houses on all sides. Was reading threads daily, I've just ordered a windsurfer too.

Now I know magic power v5 isn't supposed to add to the distance of the 5ghz signal but after I put it on my p3s and flew it today I got to 1000ft / 300m I couldn't get this before the mod as RTH always kicked in at about 100m I still get a few strong interference warning and I still had full wifi signal so I could have gone further but as I'm still new to this I feel that is far enough for the time being, I'm happy with the mod as it fixes my issue and has got me to where I want to be.

Thanks for all the great info!

Litchi has screen recording in the app. Both IOS and Android.

Has it ? I've been using Litchi for significant time now and I haven't seen any menu item that gives me screen recording as part of Litchi ... I have Nexus 7 Android ...

So I would be very interested for explanation how to get Litchi to 'screen' record. So far I have been using DU Recorder ... if LItchi can do it - then I can release some space on my machine.

Nigel

Has it ? I've been using Litchi for significant time now and I haven't seen any menu item that gives me screen recording as part of Litchi ... I have Nexus 7 Android ...

So I would be very interested for explanation how to get Litchi to 'screen' record. So far I have been using DU Recorder ... if LItchi can do it - then I can release some space on my machine.

Nigel

What ever mode your in like waypoint touch waypoint then when the window pops up scroll to the bottom and just below your logout is screen recording.
95a52c6880669ebd6d6203529d9679ad.jpg

Interesting because I cannot get anything like your screen shot ... are you using Android or IOS ?

Android as my latest version if I want Waypoint or any of what your drop down shows ... I get a narrow ribbon bar from left top corner to choose ...

I have a recording icon far left but that's nothing like what you show. When I tap that it asks me to give file a name.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1