https://emlid.com/reachrs2/?utm_source=phantompilots&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=rs2_phantom_feb2021_leaderboard

New p4p vs. 2.0 drifting. Yaw when in flight.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates on fixing the yaw drift when in forward movement or stationary.
I haven’t seen anything at all on a resolve.

I purchased the phantom 4 pro vs. 2.0 with 3 batteries. 3 bank charger. Nanuk case 6 set of cinematic Nd/pl and I’m thinking it was a waste of 3500$
Thanks

Reaction score
Yaw drift at times can be corrected buy an imu calibration.
The yaw control on the V2 is somewhat lacking in my opinion.
Does this one have yaw drift when sitting stationary in air?
I‘m guessing based on value that you are not in the USA.

Reaction score
Yaw drift at times can be corrected buy an imu calibration.
The yaw control on the V2 is somewhat lacking in my opinion.
Does this one have yaw drift when sitting stationary in air?
I‘m guessing based on value that you are not in the USA.
Yes I am in Canada. Have done imu, gimbal and compass calibration will see how this works I had done one before but it’s been 2 months since last shoots. Thanks.

Reaction score
I will be flying the bird if conditions are favourable today. I’ll let you know if it’s flying straight. It is somewhat stationary in the air when hovering.

Reaction score
Oh. Yes I have done all the above but forgot to mention stick calibration also. Haven’t been able to get the bird up yet to see how it’s behaving.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my P4P V2, continually yawing left and right using a preplanned mission with a third party mission app (in this case Hangar/Autopilot). Manual operation was fine. Compass/IMU calibrations did not solve the problem. I sold it and currently have two P4P V1's. However after over a year of operation, one of the P4P V1's was continually saying it needed a compass calibration, and it too would not well with Hangar/Autopilot, which stopped the mission repeatedly with a compass error message. Repeated compass/IMU calibration did not help, and DJI Go 4 said everything was fine. I sent it back to DJI and complained. They could not find a problem, I asked them if they had some low level diagnostic software, and they never replied back to that. Eventually they replaced it with a refurb, which works flawlessly. So I don't know what the issue is, but it seems hit or miss. I didn't know you could do a stick calibration, but that would not affect automated missions.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my P4P V2, continually yawing left and right using a preplanned mission with a third party mission app (in this case Hangar/Autopilot). Manual operation was fine. Compass/IMU calibrations did not solve the problem. I sold it and currently have two P4P V1's. However after over a year of operation, one of the P4P V1's was continually saying it needed a compass calibration, and it too would not well with Hangar/Autopilot, which stopped the mission repeatedly with a compass error message. Repeated compass/IMU calibration did not help, and DJI Go 4 said everything was fine. I sent it back to DJI and complained. They could not find a problem, I asked them if they had some low level diagnostic software, and they never replied back to that. Eventually they replaced it with a refurb, which works flawlessly. So I don't know what the issue is, but it seems hit or miss. I didn't know you could do a stick calibration, but that would not affect automated missions.
I was told to do a firmware refresh and all calibrations. Including vision sensors.
Once the weather permits I’ll go fly again to test.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvia Kristel