New p4p vs. 2.0 drifting. Yaw when in flight.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates on fixing the yaw drift when in forward movement or stationary.
I haven’t seen anything at all on a resolve.

I purchased the phantom 4 pro vs. 2.0 with 3 batteries. 3 bank charger. Nanuk case 6 set of cinematic Nd/pl and I’m thinking it was a waste of 3500$
Thanks

Yaw drift at times can be corrected buy an imu calibration.
The yaw control on the V2 is somewhat lacking in my opinion.
Does this one have yaw drift when sitting stationary in air?
I‘m guessing based on value that you are not in the USA.

Yaw drift at times can be corrected buy an imu calibration.
The yaw control on the V2 is somewhat lacking in my opinion.
Does this one have yaw drift when sitting stationary in air?
I‘m guessing based on value that you are not in the USA.
Yes I am in Canada. Have done imu, gimbal and compass calibration will see how this works I had done one before but it’s been 2 months since last shoots. Thanks.

I will be flying the bird if conditions are favourable today. I’ll let you know if it’s flying straight. It is somewhat stationary in the air when hovering.

Oh. Yes I have done all the above but forgot to mention stick calibration also. Haven’t been able to get the bird up yet to see how it’s behaving.

I had a similar problem with my P4P V2, continually yawing left and right using a preplanned mission with a third party mission app (in this case Hangar/Autopilot). Manual operation was fine. Compass/IMU calibrations did not solve the problem. I sold it and currently have two P4P V1's. However after over a year of operation, one of the P4P V1's was continually saying it needed a compass calibration, and it too would not well with Hangar/Autopilot, which stopped the mission repeatedly with a compass error message. Repeated compass/IMU calibration did not help, and DJI Go 4 said everything was fine. I sent it back to DJI and complained. They could not find a problem, I asked them if they had some low level diagnostic software, and they never replied back to that. Eventually they replaced it with a refurb, which works flawlessly. So I don't know what the issue is, but it seems hit or miss. I didn't know you could do a stick calibration, but that would not affect automated missions.

I had a similar problem with my P4P V2, continually yawing left and right using a preplanned mission with a third party mission app (in this case Hangar/Autopilot). Manual operation was fine. Compass/IMU calibrations did not solve the problem. I sold it and currently have two P4P V1's. However after over a year of operation, one of the P4P V1's was continually saying it needed a compass calibration, and it too would not well with Hangar/Autopilot, which stopped the mission repeatedly with a compass error message. Repeated compass/IMU calibration did not help, and DJI Go 4 said everything was fine. I sent it back to DJI and complained. They could not find a problem, I asked them if they had some low level diagnostic software, and they never replied back to that. Eventually they replaced it with a refurb, which works flawlessly. So I don't know what the issue is, but it seems hit or miss. I didn't know you could do a stick calibration, but that would not affect automated missions.
I was told to do a firmware refresh and all calibrations. Including vision sensors.
Once the weather permits I’ll go fly again to test.

Ive reported the same issues since September 2019 and have made a video here to demonstrate it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've tried pairing another remote on my P4ProV2 and the problem is the same. So no point calibrating the sticks. IMU calibration didn't fix anything either.

I made a post in the DJI forum on this here as well:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=197970&page=1#pid2401346

While I reported this problem 3 months after purchasing it, NO SOLUTION was provided by DJI... Furthermore, I recently contacted them saying that I need this fixed - they told me to send the drone and said that I will have to pay for the repairs since it is out of warranty... So I directed the to the forum on DJI where i asked for help back then ... then they lied and told me that their colleague got back to me and that I didn't respond... But the thing is that I DID respond, so I had to send them a screenshot of my reply... showing that I had provided all required information - and then only then they said that they will get back to me - and apologized for not seeing my response before....

Seriously if you don't fight with them they will seek every sorry excuse to avoid repairing your drone for you...

And worse this damaged my reputation on a film set... my Phantom 4 pro V1 suddenly had a camera sensor error... though it NEVER crashed... so i went and bought a Phantom 4 pro V2 urgently... And on the set, i was unable to pull away from the actors steadily... they were standing on a rock over the sea... and all i had to do was pull away and keep them in the center...

But the drone would not do that... it kept turning... slowly and didn't keep them in the center... and the director kept yelling at me... telling me that I lacked practice... heck I had been doing that for 4 years then - i didn't know what was happening... the director was very unhappy - we tried that several times till he was like " screw it, forget it... " ... that team didn't hire me again!

It wasn't until the shoot had ended that I had time to test my drone and make the above video.... that was when i understood that the problem was with the drone...

I think DJI Should compensate me for ruining my reputation like that.

Reactions: MTO
I did notice in your videos that your horizon was tilted. I don't know if this would affect the drift or not. But have you tried correcting the gimbal tilt?

I did notice in your videos that your horizon was tilted. I don't know if this would affect the drift or not. But have you tried correcting the gimbal tilt?
Yes I remember having to fight with this drone to adjust the horizon... and then next flight the bias would be the other way around... furthermore adjusting would take time... you would click clockwise, clockwise, clockwise... till it appeared level, then several seconds later, it would appear to be too much and you would have to redo the process and go counter clockwise this time around... and wait those several seconds before calling it a dar...

ReubenMru I am having the same exact issues and am glad/not glad to see that others are also. So frustrating! I just sold my P4P V1 and bought a V2 thinking I was upgrading...........not! lol
I wish I had seen all of these Yaw threads before I upgraded.

It's not evident to me if the issue is the gimbal yaw motor or the imu/compass/software controlling the 4 esc's/motors but if the whole drone is yawing clockwise and not just the camera, then I'm not even sure where to start to fix the issue.

For now, I'm just gonna have to do smooth video on the Mavic 2 Pro :grimacing:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31