New P4P - Do you update the battery?

Reaction score
Brand new P4P. Have read and understand why many/most don't upgrade firmware beyond 5x/6x? But what about the batteries? I have 4 new batteries and wondering if I should update them or leave them?

If it says it needs updating then update them, some choose not to. But usually its a case of "if it flies great then no need to update"

If it says it needs updating then update them, some choose not to. But usually its a case of "if it flies great then no need to update"
Just took it out of the box so only time will tell if it fly's --- One thing that I have to say is that it's a lot larger than I remembered when looking at P4P's in Shenzhen over the summer.

The DJI GO app will display an "Inconsistent Firmware" message on the home screen if the current battery needs to be updated. If you see that prompt, you should allow it to install the battery firmware.

Yep, have that message and am updating the firmware on all as I type this. Goal is to get the P4P in the air today but still taken back by how much larger this is than my MP and that I can't put into the dji backpack w prop's on. Lot's of differences but looking forward to experimenting with the new glass as I put on a polar pro ND16 (was planning to fly default with an 8 and stop down the lens but will see).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl