Who will be the last P4P pilot?

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
It's clear that the days of the P4P are numbered despite the fact that there doesn't yet exist a comparable replacement (and won't until Litchi becomes functional with a comparable drone). Having recently obtained two brand-new P4P's, I am wondering who will be the last P4P pilot. I'm going to take good care of mine and hope to keep them flying for years to come.

I don't know, but I do know who will be the last Phantom 4 Standard pilot. (hand up) :)

It's clear that the days of the P4P are numbered despite the fact that there doesn't yet exist a comparable replacement (and won't until Litchi becomes functional with a comparable drone). Having recently obtained two brand-new P4P's, I am wondering who will be the last P4P pilot. I'm going to take good care of mine and hope to keep them flying for years to come.
If the ages of members on this site is any indication, I think it's going to be you!

As long as my P4P performs, and I dont crash it, current plans are to keep it along with my Mavic Pro. Would love to go to the Mavic 3 Pro, but what would I really gain besides size? Having said that, if someone made an exceptional offer for my P4P package, I might consider.... :)

the problem is going to be batteries. Hopefully the market will be strong enough that DJI will make them, or a 3rd party will be making reliable batteries for years to come. Controller batteries are easily replaced.

Reactions: shammel00
I don't use mine as much as I used to, but I DO still use them. Until about 4 or 5 months ago, I flew mine every week. Now I do maybe 1 or 2 jobs a month with her. They are perfect for traffic analysis work I do and still do the occasional Photogrammetry job. The drone is VERY robust in higher winds, which makes it a very good part of my kit. I've had mine for years. It's been uber reliable and they're super easy to hack for hassle-free flying. I can't imagine ever getting rid of it. I'll be one of the last who continue using it.

D

Just getting started with P4. I was lucky to find a new, old stock P4A not activated and in warranty. Looking forward to a long, happy relationship. with it. I discovered a source of OEM batteries that are listed as refurbished with warranty on the DJI ebay store for approx $100. The 3 I bought all have less than 10 charges.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Last time I checked, P4 batteries were still available on DJI's website, and there are 3rd party batteries available as well. The Phantoms are still great birds and in my personal experience they are still the most trustworthy aircraft in strong wind. When I really want to fly and its very windy, my Mavic 3 and mini 3 stay grounded and my P3P flies.

Still have mine, have had it for going on 3 years and still not off the ground life and alot of things just happened so this is my year

Still using P4P v2 in Iceland and have been for the past 5 years. For still image quality it is as good as the latest offerings by DJI.

It is clear that the Phantom line is dead. Portability is an issue but I intend to keep my P4P until such time as DJI comes up with a camera system that is decidedly superior.

Reactions: Gagey52
I have been using mine for years. It is my workhorse and I hope mine in the future. Unfortunately with the RID problem I have to ground it until I can find it a RID module and also one that is affordable as well. Once that happens I plan to keep flying it until they no longer make parts for it. I am 45 years old, so I have plenty of years ahead of me.

the problem is going to be batteries. Hopefully the market will be strong enough that DJI will make them, or a 3rd party will be making reliable batteries for years to come. Controller batteries are easily replaced.
Batteries shouldn’t be a problem for some time as the Phantom 4 RTK seems to be selling well.

Reactions: Starz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj