New P3 4K Owner

Reaction score
Hello to all. Just got a 4K for xmas. Gone on a trip for a week and have not had a chance to even try it, so I am reading and watching everything I can find. I have a couple of simple questions, but will start with just this one... When starting th Go app, you have to select which drone you have. The 4K is not an option in the list. I assume I just select the "advanced/pro".

Could anybody confirm?

Looking forward to getting the P3 in the air!
Thanks in advance.

Bill

You should see the P34K in the list after connecting your Phantom to DJI GO. Check out the Quick Start Guide that came in your box if you need help connecting it. And, if you haven't done so already, you can download the Phantom manual from the P34K downloads page.

You should see the P34K in the list after connecting your Phantom to DJI GO. Check out the Quick Start Guide that came in your box if you need help connecting it. And, if you haven't done so already, you can download the Phantom manual from the P34K downloads page.

Thanks Msinger. We did connect it to the p3 before leaving, I don't think it showed the 4K then. But I will check again.
Yes, I downloaded the manual. Was confused as heck that the manual did not come in the box. I was glad to find it. Helped a lot once I found it. Since the 4K came out after the other P3 models there are lot of little confusing things in the other material out there. Like the directions to hook up the USB, which they removed from the 4K controller. We figured that one out since the quick start guide said what to do.

Thanks again.

As I understand the 4k is the same as the Standard with a 4k video. So it would be alot closer to the standard rather than the advanced model, me thinks...

As I understand the 4k is the same as the Standard with a 4k video. So it would be alot closer to the standard rather than the advanced model, me thinks...
Wrong. The only commonality they share is that they both use Wifi (as opposed to Lightbridge). The P3 4K uses a better transmitter, VPS, a better camera and slightly better range.

Exactly, it uses wifi, just like the standard. So in having to choose a model (if the 4K was not showing), I would choose the standard because it uses wifi just like the 4k, and not lightbridge which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Wrong. The only commonality they share is that they both use Wifi (as opposed to Lightbridge). The P3 4K uses a better transmitter, VPS, a better camera and slightly better range.

That is exactly my understanding. So I was going to use the Advanced profile if the 4K was not available.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That is exactly my understanding. So I was going to use the Advanced profile if the 4K was not available.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
You don't need to select your Phantom when opening DJI Go. Once linked, the app will automatically recognize the P3 4K when you're connected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers