New P2V questions re: version and setup

R
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438028816.664792.jpg

Ready to go! (...Once the batteries in evreything charge...)
Firmware is all updated so it mulled my question on it anyway lol

Reactions: dirkclod
RView attachment 25954
Ready to go! (...Once the batteries in evreything charge...)
Firmware is all updated so it mulled my question on it anyway lol
Glad the vid helped you out, sooo the world or should I say the airs your oyster.;) Just take your time & enjoy yourself. Remember to keep the S1/S2 switches in the up position when you 1st power up & wait for LEDs to let you know you've got gps/home point lock;)

Enjoy buddy;)

Reactions: Brandon2491
I did read up on course loc and the home lock - I may switch over after a bit- I especially like the home lock function. Being a new flyer I figured it was safer to stay in phantom but maybe not haha

Reactions: Marlin009
I have had many sucessful flights today! Prop guards saved me though- one thing funny that happened,

I had descended rapidly and hovered an inch or two to touch down a soft landing but had a drift a foot or so from prop wash I to a place I did NOT want to land- so I throttled up maybe harder than I needed to [emoji56] and a prop flew up and spun into the air haha, no biggie ways touched down and I csc'ed. I don't have the wrench but I did tighten the props- I read the accel then decel then accel throws the self tighten for a loop

Anyway didn't know if it was a rare thing since I only saw one thread mentioning it! Haha

I would really check the threads in that prop. I have never seen this happen like you say id did .

They might be fine Brandon I just have never had or heard of a prop coming of like that . Unless I'm bad mistaken your motor would have to just stop for the prop to unscrew .
I would not fly high till I figured out what caused it though .
Just me :)

You are right I'll stay safe- threads seem perfect and no issues on some hover and quick up and downs.

I'll look for a possible small impact on the blade. Maybe on one of my little tip overs it hit the temporarily flexing prop gaurd and that force was enough to loosen it

Brandon..was just looking at your bird and had a thought . Make sure if ya didn't know this already to be Sure and keep the screws you replaced
from the motors when ya put those prop guards on as they are shorter and if ya put the long ones in without the guards you will be buying new motors .
I know it's a no brainer but you will be surprised at how many motors have been ruined that way .

Haha have em all bagged up!! But I did it out of pure coincidence.
I was actually reading Amazon reviews to see if anyone actually used the string that comes with it and there's a bunch of 1 stars saying "the screws ruined my phantom blah blah blah.."

The #6 screws are the stockers I kept and the #12's are in right now with the guards- hope I remember!

Haha have em all bagged up!! But I did it out of pure coincidence.
I was actually reading Amazon reviews to see if anyone actually used the string that comes with it and there's a bunch of 1 stars saying "the screws ruined my phantom blah blah blah.."

The #6 screws are the stockers I kept and the #12's are in right now with the guards- hope I remember!
You better ;)

So a prop flew off again and it was again after I had touched down on a particularly hard landing- have had many good flights so I'm not quite sure what's going on

how much clearance do you have from the prop and the guard ? I mean could the prop be hitting the guard and stopping the motor when you have these hard landings ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic