New P2V questions re: version and setup

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased an in box P2V that was supposedly flown once to test by the shop owner so he could then sell it.

I've read exhaustively on all aspects but cannot figure out where to look to determine what version of the P2V I have?

Another thing, what should I do prior to flying? Updates with the manager? Any other ways to prevent early troubles?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Brandon :)
I would suggest first ya download the manual and read it and watch all the You Tube videos ya
have time to before doing anything !
A V3 gonna have 2312 motors and have the compass enclosed on the skid if I was just looking
at it to tell which version it is .

Reactions: Clampit
Okay awesome, comes in today!
Yeah I have the manual, quick start guide and new pilot training guide and read through them all but input is always welcome of course for a newbie like me

Well get real familiar with everything when it does and take baby steps to start with till your comfortable with it .

There is no reason a "shop owner" would need to fly one so he could sell it. I'd be suspicious. Hopefully you got it at a good price as a used model.

There is no reason a "shop owner" would need to fly one so he could sell it. I'd be suspicious. Hopefully you got it at a good price as a used model.
I was thinking the same thing Marlin and think it might be a used one.

I paid about 540$ - seemed about the run of the mil for a good condition used V2 non plus, if it is a used one albeit it good knick I'll be satisfied. Whether it was a return and then was tested I don't know but I'm not too naive haha!

I'll be doing a thorough once over of all screws and components regardless for my own peace of mind, something I picked up from riding sport bikes for years!

Any tell tale signs to look for? Battery cycles logs? Ect?

Just look it over real good and you can tell from the looks of it . Also check in assistant just what settings it has and check the battery
info . That will tell ya some .

You'll be able to see how many discharge cycles on the battery(s) when you connect it to the assistant.

Another question, are fly always really that prevalent in the p2v or is it just a case of seeing those affected because they usually just scream the loudest?

They are possible but usually user error and that just not with the Vision but with all models.

When they changed the motors to the 2312's there were a number of issues with the ESC's being mismatched (crash). They also changed the wiring from the ESC to the motor to a single strand from multi strand which did not absorb the vibration as well and failed (crash).

There are a couple of lengthy threads on the topic. Worth checking into.

When you get it, post some pictures and we'll be able to figure out what V it is. Close up of the motors, labels, landing gear and controller will be helpful.

Reactions: dirkclod
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Ya... what Marlin said ! Pictures :)

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4