New member - looking for a help

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I would like to kindly ask if anyone can help me with my camera setting on my phantom 4. Pictures looking fine but movies looks very bad.I'm happy to share the file.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: BigAl07
If your film speed is 30, make sure your shudder speed is twice as fast, 60. Or 24 and 50. You pick which settings you want to film in, such as vivid, normal, or etc what works best for you.

Welcome to the Forum!
First question that is normally asked related to a new member.

What are using to view the video, and how did you retrieve it?

Rod

Hello everyone.
I would like to kindly ask if anyone can help me with my camera setting on my phantom 4. Pictures looking fine but movies looks very bad.I'm happy to share the file.
Hi Bond

If you have recorded video in 4K, irrespective of frame rate, and are trying to play your footage back on a laptop or tablet with borderline performance i.e. with little RAM then you will get a very choppy picture on playback. You could try playing some footage back on a good quality device...

Alternatively, try recording some footage at 2.7K or 1080 and see if the quality improves. If it does you may need to upgrade your laptop/computer or tablet.

As a final thought you might want to try slowing some of your drone and gimbal settings. Have a look at Tony and Chelsea Northrup's DJI Phantom 4 & Phantom 4 Pro Tutorial Overview on YouTube, there's some great stuff in there.

If your film speed is 30, make sure your shudder speed is twice as fast, 60. Or 24 and 50. You pick which settings you want to film in, such as vivid, normal, or etc what works best for you.
Hi, Thank you very much for tips. I changed camera settings and today I will try again. Thank you

Hello its me again.

To view the video I'm using QuicktimePlayer on my MacBook Air 2011 (29GB available of 250 GB SSD) I noticed in iMovie the quality is much better but still not excellent)

I did some Screen Recording and uploaded to Dropbox you can see this SR when you click or copy and paste the link below:

Dropbox - Screen Recording.mov

First 10 and last 13 seconds. The file probably needs to be downloaded.

I changed my camera settings for(please see attached pictures)and hope I will be able to fly this afternoon. I'm not sure about those settings.

Thank you again for your time

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    859.5 KB · Views: 296
Remember video and camera stills have different settings. I shoot videos in auto and adjust the ev as needed. Videos need a slight blur to make them look right. That’s why camera shutter is twice the frame speed rate. Use neutral density filter’s as needed. They are a must for good video. Stay away from any d log settings unless you are good at editing. There are many ways to do things. Some people like to lock the light settings when doing videos. Your call.

In doing stills I usually use auto and again adjust ev. It’s a balance in keeping the frame speed up and keeping the iso as low as possible that’s where ev helps. I always shoot in raw and take stills with the light meter on the brightest spot. That way adjustments can be made in the raw editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20