New DJI Go App update 2.7.2

Also one more thing. The update has a new home point option supposedly. Can set a new home point when original is far away. Is this something that works with a non-GPS iPad?

I noticed the name for my drone has changed from Enspire 1 to Phantom 3. Still don't see anywhere to change it but this is better for me.

Camera view quick launch when turned on will by-pass the DJI go app first screen which asks you to choose model and then click on camera, it will go directly to camera view
I could swear quick launch sneaked into the previous version the app or something like that. Since updating to 1.8 earlier this week, it jumped into camera view a number of times, bypassing the splash screen and choose your bird screen. I am really glad to hear this is an actual option now. It's about time!

Since I won't get to update and look at the go app for a number of days, it sure would be awesome of someone to take some screen shots of the new looks on pages where it really changed some. Thanks!

Just updated also will fly Saturday am and let you people know of any problems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What does the max altitude on left panel mean? Is that max altitude possible or is that supposedly the max I flew? I DID NOT! Lol. Speed and distance are correct.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 717
I also tried App 2.7.2

It didn't show RC and A/C version.
Once I switched Internet on on iPad mini, it got version number when connected. Now it has saved versions and doesn't need Internet again.

This is pointing to the fact that DJI is collecting the equipment info plus something else before displaying and registering the versions.

It also exhibits connection problems if version numbers are not registered.

I noticed props runs faster for a moment while starting and stopping. Is this to tighten the props before starting and stopping? Starting is ok but why during stopping. May be to protect them from flying off during heavy braking.

More to follow as I notice differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fly Girl and SGs
Everything works ok in the app bird fires up, camera works as do all the other functions...Its just not displaying the FW version for the AC or RC says version unknown. just the app version 2.7.2 displaying. I've reinstalled the app several times via direct down load from store and through itunes, still no joy :(
Try enabling Internet once and see if it displays all versions. App will do few background connections/ operations with DJI servers and will allow display of versions.

Reactions: Buzz Lightyear
Alokbhargava please keep us updated...I hate these new updates there's a lot of inter-workings and one little thing can mess it all up!
I will be going to field tomorrow to carry out detailed tests but I was conducting limited tests in my backyard.

According to the flight records in the new app My top altitude was 13739.6 ft. Not bad seeing the altitude here in Eastern Kansas is about 940 ft!

39f57aaccab281d123fdd9fc95af02b7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Altitude is the height above from home point, not the real earth altitude.

Downgrade DJI GO to your preferred version downloading it here

Download | Jogjasky
Thanks,

I did downgrade to earlier go app just to check whether it was a problem with app or firmware upgrade and was all good.

I spent nearly 2hrs last night with dji online tech help to be told that as the tablet I am using is not on the recommended list I should buy a new device that is on the list (more money down the drain).
They also said not to downgrade app as rc, ac and app all need to be on the latest updates as anything different would could issues when flying.
When I asked what sort of issues I was cut off.
Begging to wish I'd not bought this as one problem after another and lousy after sales from dji.
Thanks for help anyway.

Update for iOS app works great. One issue in log states highest altitude as 26,433 feet for mine and 28,976 feet on a friends.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I know it is the height above the home point, so that means I flew my Phantom over two miles above my take off point. Probably a record!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try enabling Internet once and see if it displays all versions. App will do few background connections/ operations with DJI servers and will allow display of versions.

The data has magically reappeared after looking again this morning...I wasn't signed into my account in the app don't know if thats relevant or not. Thank you for time and assistance much appreciated :)

The data has magically reappeared after looking again this morning...I wasn't signed into my account in the app don't know if thats relevant or not. Thank you for time and assistance much appreciated :)
It was just waiting for an Internet access, you did it and it worked like a charm...

Reactions: Buzz Lightyear
I had zero problems upgrading or flying yesterday. I like the new look. All of my previous setting remained intact. What is "FOOTPRINTS"?

7E7C6391-2D32-4E04-9708-C08BACA05C84_zpshwxh3744.png

Bob

It was just waiting for an Internet access, you did it and it worked like a charm...

I'm not sure that's the cause, or at least not the only cause.

I've had Go not show versions when I have no connectivity, and then showed them. There couldn't have been any internet access involved.

What I've seen is that it seems more sensitive to the order things are powered on. If I do a deliberate RC then P3 then Go sequence, and I give it a little time between each start, it seems to reliably show versions. I also saw this on 2.7.1.

The other weirdness that seems related is when it's saying it needs an RC firmware upgrade when the firmware is the latest. Doing the more deliberate start sequence seems to help that, too.

I'm noticing an issue.

Can't set the white balance to 5000K. It slides back to 6000K.

Any one else seeing it too?

(Edit: Seeing on iOS App 2.7.2)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20