New Billet Gimbal Bracket

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Do you have a photo of this installed?

That is tight! I have not found the price yet though, I hope it doesn't cause me to change my mind.

KillerRC said:
If I can get the CNC machines to run a little faster the price may drop a little, but for now the price is $45.
Made in Ohio. Ships worldwide. PayPal & Credit Card. I'll have a link soon.

Ok thank you! I'll be a buyer for $45.

KillerRC said:
FYI, this design is now Patent Pending.
Hope you did not waste too much money on that :roll:

:D
I think it looks great! Only concern is weight.

Who knows? Maybe DJI will buy the Patent, or just steal it! :?

Idbird said:
Maybe DJI will buy the Patent, or just steal it!
They won't have to steal anything if it's a US patent.

Top Notch!

When should they be available on your site?

Anything that protects the camera ribbon on the p2v+ is worth the investment. However, a few ounces could make a difference on the camera not to mention if you use a hood for the camera lens that adds even more weight.

I use lens hood cover when I fly... I'll just stick with catch landings. . And take offs...

Bigdz said:
I'll just stick with catch landings. . And take offs...
Crashes are what you need to worry about.

:D
Pulled the trigger on this one, and a balancing rod to replace my exacto handle.
Thanks KillerRC! Sure looks like a nice addition to my bird.

msinger said:
Bigdz said:
I'll just stick with catch landings. . And take offs...
Crashes are what you need to worry about.

I 100% hand catch but!!!!

This is not just for crashes! This may have saved my last camera, as I had it come off during a flight from mexico.
I had the gimbal clamp on but during transport in the airport as a carry on, in a tradecraft case
either the clamp worked free and then gimbal motor came apart or in the other order .I think this would have prevented that issue yes the clamp holds the camera and gimbal straight put pushes down on the motor and relies on the pin to hold it all up. :shock: :? I will be a customer to try this if nothing else to give me one less issue when traveling

KillerRC said:
FYI, this design is now Patent Pending.

Having gone through the patenting process a number of times myself, my advice would be to not bother spending thousands of dollars to secure a U.S. Patent for your device because there is already a similar device on the market. You can't patent aspects of a device that is publicly known and invented by someone else (see links below), so at best you will most likely only be able to patent the fact that your design replaces the back of the camera and not how it keeps the camera from separating. Honestly, the other device works just as well and is half the price of yours. Hopefully, you disclosed this other product in your patent application as being "prior art" because your patent could easily be eventually challenged and invalidated by the courts if it comes to light afterwards. In any case, good luck with the patent process. It's an expensive endeavor for a device that is likely to be obsolete (due to future Phantom design changes) before a patent is ever granted. The patent application and review process will take at least a couple of years.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26335&p=248904&hilit=fix+bracket#p248778

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGBlk1XP6Ao

I am a newby. Really do not know much about these cameras & gimbals. Could you tell me if I need to worry about anything by taking off the stock back plate? I would be afraid of something internally popping out or off, ( is there anything I could damage doing this mod?)

KillerRC said:
I have 8 patents and 3 other pending patents. It's a good deterrent. It's not that difficult or expensive when you have a patent lawyer for a brother. ;)

LOL.. True. My brother decided to become a doctor.

KillerRC said:
Larry L said:
I am a newby. Really do not know much about these cameras & gimbals. Could you tell me if I need to worry about anything by taking off the stock back plate? I would be afraid of something internally popping out or off, ( is there anything I could damage doing this mod?)

It's real easy. You just take the 3 screws loose and take the cover off. There is a circuit board there, but it just stays there. Nothing will pop loose. Then just put the new part on and put the 3 screws back where they came from. The only thing you have to watch is that the middle screw is smaller than the other two screws.

Maybe add a little dab of fresh Loctite to the screws before putting them back in.
http://www.killerrc.com/product/loctite ... twin-pack/

Thank you. Since I already checked out. Would I use blue Loctite? I would of bought the twin pack. You can never have too much Loctite.

KillerRC said:
Yes Blue. If you need to place another order I will manually refund the 2nd shipping charge.
Done:) Thank you,
Larry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl