New Billet Gimbal Bracket

MapMaker53 said:
KillerRC said:
FYI, this design is now Patent Pending.
Having gone through the patenting process a number of times myself, my advice would be to not bother spending thousands of dollars to secure a U.S. Patent for your device because there is already a similar device on the market. You can't patent aspects of a device that is publicly known and invented by someone else
Awesome points.

You would think this guy's brother already knows these things. I suppose not all lawyers are geniuses though :)

Hi I am new here, from Greece (Athens) and I have just put an order for this.
It looks to me the best protection for the camera and I am very anxious to receive it.
KillerRC great work, keep going !!!!

Charalampos

KillerRC said:
You can see the white nylon pad that keeps the gimbal from getting scratched
Good idea.

Is that photo of a prototype or the final product? The part that's carved out in the middle piece looks like it's really sharp in the photo. A little sloppy, no?

Not able to place order on your website after registering account.

KillerRC, do you have similar shots of the final product? The top down view really shows it off.

The billet bracket looks great, it's on my Christmas list and I my wife doesn't take the hint, I'll just order it the day after Christmas :mrgreen:

I don't know , maybe it's me. But I think it's shitty to jump on this thread to sell your guard.
Why not not start your own thread ? I wouldn't buy just for that reason.
This is the Billet gimbal bracket thread.

In my opinion none of the threats are owned by any particull commercial intended person. It is the subjet that dictates the threat. For this threat the subjet is gambel protection and both product are aimed at that. Right!?!

Think I'll buy my gimbal guard from KillerRC. Looks like a well-conceived and well-executed product. Who doesn't love billet?

Re: Απ: New Billet Gimbal Bracket

lakislambrianides said:
lakislambrianides said:
I thing gimbal guard from rc is good but if you use it you will lost warranty from dji ..
But the plastic one not..

Why, it's not modifying the gimbal in any way and if you need warranty work just put the original cover back on. Billet good....plastic bad :mrgreen:

Anyone install this yet? Just wondering how it looks, fits, etc.

msinger said:

Received mine Friday and got it installed today. Fit like a glove and very easy to do :D
Not sure if it will save me in a crash or not but a cheap insurance policy and best looking fix for the most common break area

thank you killer R/c

lakislambrianides said:
I thing gimbal guard from rc is good but if you use it you will lost warranty from dji ..
You can always save your back plate and reinstall before sending if worried.

like there is really any warranty, between time lost and repair cost that will be incurred (never there fault you crash) and shipping both ways might just as well replace with new. ( which I have had to do twice) Always trying for that risky shot :cry:
Both of mine failed at this location in crashes breaking cables. One also separated at the camera motor .Neither time was the bird itself damaged other than a prop or two. So if it can keep the camera together this may save me in my next adventure.

lakislambriandes, it's certainly one of the best designs out. The only way to prove it'll work is by crashing. Want to test it out for us? :D

msinger said:
:D
Yes, got mine last week and installed with no problem. Very nice fit and finish! Thanks KillerRC!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj