Gimbal Fan Replacement Not Fitting

Reaction score
Hi,
Ref: Phantom 3 Pro Model W323 (not A, B)
I have to replace my gimbal fan following a crash, amongst other bits.
The fan I have been supplied as a spare does not fit. The mounting holes are in a different position /pitch to the mounting pillars on the main gimbal housing. The screws supplied are also too short.
My original fan was smaller & plastic. This new fan is metal framed plastic body.
Has there been an upgrade to the fan & casting?
I will try to add photo of an original fan & non fitting replacement.

Do I have an old model Phantom 3 Pro & where can I get the correct fan? Any ideas?

Thanks
Phantom Gimbal Fan 1.jpg
IMG_20240215_160634_628.jpg

Has there been an upgrade to the fan & casting?
No. You’re attempting to replace an OEM fan with a 3rd party fan. Perhaps it’s not compatible?

This looks like the OEM part you need:

No. You’re attempting to replace an OEM fan with a 3rd party fan. Perhaps it’s not compatible?

This looks like the OEM part you need:
I would agree with you, but it's completely different. Something funny here, probably a version change.
The eBay link looks good, thanks. 1st one I've seen with this fan.

I would agree with you, but it's completely different
Indeed. It's different because it's not a DJI product.

That drone has been discontinued for some years. I highly doubt DJI has gone back to the drawing board to design a newer and better version of the fan. And then on top of that, only allowed Dronivo to sell it.

That all sounds very suspect. No?

I agree it sounds weird, but the photos from Dronivo show their fan fitting correctly into the Pro casting. I suspect that at some point there was a gimbal casting & fan update (I'm talking years ago) maybe for the EU market only? My Phantom is early by the type number.
Either way very strange it doesn't seem to be recorded or generally known.
See photos, note the mounting pillars are different.
IMG_20240215_182717_616.jpg
IMG_20240215_182718_034.jpg
IMG_20240215_182922_454.jpg

I suspect that at some point there was a gimbal casting & fan update (I'm talking years ago) maybe for the EU market only?
Do you mean the fan was changed from the black fan (from your photos above) to the white fan as shown in the eBay listing above?

There are lots of old Phantom 3 Professional repair videos on YouTube. Here's a frame from one with a fan that looks like the fan you're attempting to replace:

1708023811445.png

It appears to be this one:

Do you mean the fan was changed from the black fan (from your photos above) to the white fan as shown in the eBay listing above?
I think it's the other way around, as mine is the oldest version & has the smaller white fan & not changed since purchase.
Don't quote me on it though 🤔

mine is the oldest version & has the smaller white fan & not changed since purchase
Same here. You've posted a lot of photos and I wasn't sure if they were yours, from Dronivo, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl