New 2700mAh 30C Battery

I understand. I've been wanting to try the vision props-but haven't really did a lot of research because I thought they only worked with self-tightening. The other issue I have-is buying Chinese knock-offs.
So, it may come to the point where I order the 2 engines, and have someone soldier them in, so I can go with self-tightening. At least that way, I don't have to keep checking my props. I check them after each day of flights(usually 4 or 5 flights).

I hope I'm on Jeff's? list.....as he's right here in town. Need one of those batteries!!

havasuphoto said:
I'm not touching carbon fiber props.......they tend to shatter and can easily damage the motor.
I'm concerned about the clearance issue stated in the post. As for the gains....I'm assuming your trying to De-sensitive the aircraft? I have a Futaba remote, so I can switch to a much lower sensitivity when flying in Atti mode or while filming.

Yeah, that claim is...let's just say it's as confounding as it is unfounded.

I hope to never be an expert at crashing, but I'm not stranger to mishaps.
ubXC0fO.jpg

Props were toasted, motors are all fine. You'll notice the hubs are all intact, too.

Now, there are plenty of real advantages and disadvantages to CF over plastic. But your motors are safe :)

havasuphoto said:
I understand. I've been wanting to try the vision props-but haven't really did a lot of research because I thought they only worked with self-tightening. The other issue I have-is buying Chinese knock-offs.
So, it may come to the point where I order the 2 engines, and have someone soldier them in, so I can go with self-tightening. At least that way, I don't have to keep checking my props. I check them after each day of flights(usually 4 or 5 flights).

I hope I'm on Jeff's? list.....as he's right here in town. Need one of those batteries!!
Oh I'm guessing you have an earlier version of the Phantom? Sorry I don't no much about the earlier ones as I have a Phantom 1.1.1 as stated before, I guess if you want the self tightening one's changing out the motors would be the way to go!

phantomflyer said:
havasuphoto said:

Oh I'm guessing you have an earlier version of the Phantom? Sorry I don't no much about the earlier ones as I have a Phantom 1.1.1 as stated before, I guess if you want the self tightening one's changing out the motors would be the way to go!
I think the white e-bay knock-off's are for the non-self tightening props?

havasuphoto said:
phantomflyer said:
havasuphoto said:

I think the white e-bay knock-off's are for the non-self tightening props?

Look at the description in the auction, they'll clearly say whether they're self-tightening or not. If the picture shows a hollow hub, you can be pretty confident it's non-self-tightening. Unfortunately it doesn't always work the other way around because people often steal pictures for auctions, and the most available picture is often just a pic of a genuine DJI (self-tightening) product.

Yea, I agree. And, what I'm afraid of, is just ordering from China takes forever-and what if I get some with non-centered holes?
I'd prefer to buy from someone in the States, and, only after others have done more testing.

Going with the battery first.

havasuphoto said:
Yea, I agree. And, what I'm afraid of, is just ordering from China takes forever-and what if I get some with non-centered holes?
I'd prefer to buy from someone in the States, and, only after others have done more testing.

Going with the battery first.

Just to share my experience. I've ordered so far 8 pairs of 9443 CF props from varying sources--they're all available from China or US (they all seem to ship from the same place in OH, so I think it's actually the same "shop"). The e-packet USPS shipping from China takes about 5 business days to arrive, and on average has only taken one day longer than shipping from the US. I share your pain with HK and general China shipping times (my Tarot took about 3 weeks), but the props come in very quickly, and they've never sent me the wrong type.

Bad news about the 2700 mah batteries; he won't receive anymore until March!!! He's looking for another vendor to supply 2800 mah batteries.
But, it's Chinese New Year....so everything is going to be very slow in coming from China.
Bummer!!

havasuphoto said:
Bad news about the 2700 mah batteries; he won't receive anymore until March!!! He's looking for another vendor to supply 2800 mah batteries.
But, it's Chinese New Year....so everything is going to be very slow in coming from China.
Bummer!!

Coincidentally, I just got an email from 2dogrc saying the Maddog 2700s are now back in stock :)

ElGuano said:
havasuphoto said:
Bummer!!

Coincidentally, I just got an email from 2dogrc saying the Maddog 2700s are now back in stock :)
Who's that? Link?

havasuphoto said:
ElGuano said:
havasuphoto said:
Bummer!!

Who's that? Link?

2dogrc came out with the Maddog 2700, the first (or at least the first I'm aware of) 2700mah 3S pack that fits the Phantom and is rated to true capacity (genuinely 25% more flight time): http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html

Nowadays it seems you're more likely than not to find true 2700 packs, but a couple of months ago, these guys were the only ones selling in the US. From what I've seen the packs are still top performers compared to other 2700s, and they're the benchmark by which I judge pack performance.

havasuphoto said:
ElGuano said:
havasuphoto said:
Bummer!!

Who's that? Link?

http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html

They're a bit heavier(205 Vs 194 grams), from the other ones. And, a bit more expensive.
Why only 25C and not 30C....am I missing something, and does it matter? Anyone tested these, that is on this site?

I just ordered 2.....so, I'll test them when they get here.
Also, Jeff is supposed to e-mail me when he gets his 2700mah back in stock, or, finds some 2800 mah...I'll get some of those too, and test.

havasuphoto said:
They're a bit heavier(205 Vs 193 grams), from the other ones. And, a bit more expensive.
Why only 25C and not 30C....am I missing something, and does it matter? Anyone tested these, that is on this site?

They're very well-tested. I had one pair for a while, but I "lent" those to a friend and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting them back so I've ordered more. Weights can tend to vary, my old ones came in at about 202g IIRC, and a lot of it depends on build quality. If you take apart Lipos, you'll see that different assemblers use different components, shielding, tape, and shrink wrap. DJI makes the most "professional" and best-assembled packs I've seen. Zippy's been the worst. Maddogs are great packs. As to the C-rating, I've never quantified it in a test (not a fan of continuous high discharge), but the Maddogs have low-voltage alarms come on later, and recover voltage faster after flight, which is indicative of a high C-rate. To put in perspective, my DJIs are 20C, and also recover faster than the Zippys, which are 25C. The Maddogs are faster than the DJIs.

OI Photography said:
I have it, use it, love it. That batt and the vision props are my default config now. To be honest I haven't tried any other 2700mAh batts, but this one has delivered great value for the dollar.

Here's some more reports: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4678
OK, thanks.
Do you put them in backwards like what's shown in the video? Does it fit easily??

havasuphoto said:
OI Photography said:
I have it, use it, love it. That batt and the vision props are my default config now. To be honest I haven't tried any other 2700mAh batts, but this one has delivered great value for the dollar.

Here's some more reports: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4678
OK, thanks.
Do you put them in backwards like what's shown in the video? Does it fit easily??

You know, I didn't have to do the backwards thing on either of mine, but you could do it that way. Will try with the new ones. I only flew them single a couple of times. That pack got doubled up like the rest of my batteries and I needed a spare shell section to widen the battery door even more than for 4400s.

OK. I just tried one of my Zippy 2200mah batteries, backwards-and it fits much better that way, than forwards.
Tip: take 2 pieces of masking tape, stick together, but leave about 1" or so, to stick to the battery. That way, you have a little "flap" to pull the battery out when it's facing backwards.
Otherwise, you'll have to tip the Phantom, and shake/jiggle to get the battery to come out. And, I can see this possibly getting hung up in there....so, use the Flap ;)

havasuphoto said:
OK. I just tried one of my Zippy 2200mah batteries, backwards-and it fits much better that way, than forwards.
Tip: take 2 pieces of masking tape, stick together, but leave about 1" or so, to stick to the battery. That way, you have a little "flap" to pull the battery out when it's facing backwards.
Otherwise, you'll have to tip the Phantom, and shake/jiggle to get the battery to come out. And, I can see this possibly getting hung up in there....so, use the Flap ;)

Yes, that's a great tip! I use packing tape and make this same "flap" for all of my dual batteries, since the fit is tight inside the shell and the discharge leads sometimes get in the way. I tape it from inside the heat shrink so it doesn't unstick as easily.

4FrU7tB.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers