New 2700mAh 30C Battery

FWIW, it looks like it has the right weight and dimensions to be a true 2700mah pack.

I almost just pulled the trigger on these and decided to wait for you review. :)

I'm Interested to see how they perform, take note of how much mah goes back into the battery when charging.

Driffill said:
I'm Interested to see how they perform, take note of how much mah goes back into the battery when charging.
Will do, I just bought a battery tester that should be here the same day if not sooner so I will post all stats on it from flight time as well as the battery readings! I have good hopes for this battery seeming how it's coming from a US company that deals in RC racing parts and has good feedback. Just from the reviews they seem to be a reputable business plus like I said they're local which is a big plus on not having to wait weeks for it to get here from Hong Kong!!

phantomflyer said:
Driffill said:
Will do, I just bought a battery tester that should be here the same day if not sooner so I will post all stats on it from flight time as well as the battery readings! I have good hopes for this battery seeming how it's coming from a US company that deals in RC racing parts and has good feedback. Just from the reviews they seem to be a reputable business plus like I said they're local which is a big plus on not having to wait weeks for it to get here from Hong Kong!!
What type of battery tester do you recommend and / or did you buy?

len750 said:
phantomflyer said:
Driffill said:

This is the one I bought, It has an alarm so I'll know when my battery is getting low in flight! I'm still fairly new at this so I'm not sure if this will be the one to recommend but it seems to be the one I need as I want to hear the buzzer through my Fat Shark goggles!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300893512388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

len750 said:

I've tried several, but so far this one has been my favorite: http://www.buddyrc.com/3-in-1-battery-c ... arger.html

I've found it's very convenient to have a balancer/discharger separate from my main charger. I check my batts as soon as I land, and then again 5 min later, and if I find a cell out of balance by more than .07v I re-balance immediately in the field.

Adding a current sensor to the aircraft (via OSD or telemetry system) will also help you see exactly what kind of load you're putting on the batt in real-time.

got the 4 batts today,put on balance charger,all cells are within specs,batts charged up to 1284 mah,and cells balanced out at 4.20 each.
nice batts.
will fly with them hopefully on Sunday,weather permitting.

nwillitts said:
got the 4 batts today,put on balance charger,all cells are within specs,batts charged up to 1284 mah,and cells balanced out at 4.20 each.
nice batts.
will fly with them hopefully on Sunday,weather permitting.
Same here mine are on charger and will be testing the cells shortly though I'm sure they'll check out fine. Will be taking it out to try it at some point today :D I'll let you know what I'm getting for flight time!!

Looking forward to the results. If it's not too much trouble can you include cell voltages at rest immediately after flight and 5 minutes afterwards? It'd also be great to know what capacity they recharge to after a drain to 10.8-11.0v (again at rest).

ElGuano said:
Looking forward to the results. If it's not too much trouble can you include cell voltages at rest immediately after flight and 5 minutes afterwards? It'd also be great to know what capacity they recharge to after a drain to 10.8-11.0v (again at rest).
Yea, ditto. I've noticed when I check mine 5 minutes after a flight-the voltage had gone up a little.

Did someone report the weight of these batteries Vs. the DJI Phantom batteries? If not, can someone?
I also have a bunch of 2200mah Zippy batteries I got from hobby king(USA warehouse)...for $11 they work great. But, I think they may be a few grams heavier, because the battery cable is a bit longer.

OH, also report on how easy/hard they are to fit into the Phantom?? I know with the Zippy's, it's gonna be a fight to get all the cords in to close the battery door.
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic