Need some opinions/suggestions

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got my P4P back from repair! After only 54 flights, without any hard landings or crashes, she decided to crack from all the stress! Underneath, on two of the arms at the vents, it had some pretty severe stress cracks. Bad enough to make the motors loose.

So now I have her back, well I have another P4P back. But I am afraid to fly! I am worried she will crack again.

Do any of you have any advice, thoughts, opinions, and or experience with stress cracks? I am going to fly tommorow but I just want to see what you guys think.

Thank you!

Ayoquad

If you can avoid any hard landings or crashes, I'd say the first 53 flights you got nothing to worry about.

I suggest you get a dubro prop balance device and eliminate the possibility you have a bad prop or two. Usually OEM props are good and balanced, but that doesn't mean anything, because things can happen. I certainly wouldn't use the same props until you verify they are balanced adequately.

If you're not afraid of hand catching, while in a hover at 6' AGL, feel the vibration from each motor arm to see if vibration differs between the 4 arms.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Balance you props. Stay in tripod mode and limit range to 75' AGL and no farther away than 125'. Finally, seek counseling to help with the stress.

Wait a minute, your a young guy, forget the counseling part. You should be able to handle the stress.

Let's face it, it wouldn't be near as much fun if there were no risk involved.
Fly it like you stole it, there's a new model just around the corner!

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Let's face it, it wouldn't be near as much fun if there were no risk involved.
Fly it like you stole it, there's a new model just around the corner!
We make a good team, like Ying and Yang.

I agree with Techcop50. It will be obsolete one day and relegated to your man cave shelf. You’ll have moved on to other a/c (or not) and wish you’d have flown it more(?).

Don't worry about cracks, just enjoy it. I have almost 175 flights on my P4P and no sign of trouble. Maybe the one you had was bad but hopefully this one one will be fine. Relax and have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl