Need help with RTH Return to Home on P4

Reaction score
HI
I have a new Phantom 4 and Return to Home hasn't worked out of the box. The retailer, Dronefly, of Westlake California and DJI refuse to take it back, even though it never worked. So, I would like help.

Descritpion- P4 boots up normally, it shows drone location, I do compass calibration manually, it shows GPS mode, a little voice comes on to confirm that home location is stored. So, it looks just fine. When I fly the drone icon leaves home location and flies away. If I press RTH on console or in software, the machine drops straight down, not returning to home location. I always specify manually that I want drone to return to Home location, not present location. I have tried flying in several locations, all rural, all away from anything.

Remedies- I downloaded DJI Assitant 2. I have installed and reinstalled software 3 times. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled DJI App on my Ipad mini 4 several times. Nothing seems to help

Oddity- I live in rural Maui, away from everything. There are no transmission lines, airports, commercial facilities etc. However, I sometimes get a warning that I am in a Class C flight area. Could this be related?

Any tips appreciated, Thanks

If your too close to home point it will land where it is. You need to be a decent distance away for return to home to work as your expecting.
The DJI manual explains this although can seem a little confusing.

The icon for home should stay where it is a H icon on the map. The other green icon is the Phantoms position. You also will have one for your position if your iPad has gps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello & welcome. Hopefully someone here can help you out. What are your settings in the go app for RTH? Did you change it to return to you or the home point?

As a side note, I have purchased my P2Zen from DF and was completely satisfied with their service.

HI
I have a new Phantom 4 and Return to Home hasn't worked out of the box. The retailer, Dronefly, of Westlake California and DJI refuse to take it back, even though it never worked. So, I would like help.

If I press RTH on console or in software, the machine drops straight down, not returning to home location. I always specify manually that I want drone to return to Home location, not present location.
No need to return the Phantom as it's working exactly as programmed.
Note the highlighted section from the manual:
i-bS3LWTQ-L.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20