Litchi Return to Home fail

Reaction score
I was using Litchi for a panoramic shot. When completed I pressed the return to home on the controller and totally lost control of the aircraft. You can see the corkscrewing on the attached photo.

As far as I can remember, I couldn't come out of return to home. As reported on a previous post I may have panicked and pressed more than once which I believe toggles between RTH and cancelling. At one point the controller issued an overheating warning. As you can see this corskcrewing happened again, couldn't reduce height manually. Interestingly on the first corkscrew using the 'phantom help' site - see below, the joystick controllers seem to be pushed across and up which I know they weren't. The previously day I had a flyaway which luckily landed softly in a hedge where a similar joystick lock could be seen on flight log. I have been recalibrating before each site. I have been also having to recalibrate the joysticks often recently due to beeping. Could this link to the errors with the joysticks on the flight log.

In the end I switched off the controller (probably not advised but prevented me losing drone) and then on restarting it was ok!

I am aware it is best practice to not have dji go 4 and litchi open at the same time. I was wondering if as a last resort restarting litch or switching to djigo4 is an emergency solution?
Is joystick mode on log ATTI? or is this when RTH is started or cancelled?
Any help appreciated - its scary when drone is spinning in mid air and it seems like there is nothing I can do!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
The previously day I had a flyaway which luckily landed softly in a hedge where a similar joystick lock could be seen on flight log. I have been recalibrating before each site. I have been also having to recalibrate the joysticks often recently due to beeping. Could this link to the errors with the joysticks on the flight log.
The corkscrewing was because your controller was giving inputs on all 4 axes for almost all of the flight.
You need to that controller fixed or replace it.
I am aware it is best practice to not have dji go 4 and litchi open at the same time. I was wondering if as a last resort restarting litch or switching to djigo4 is an emergency solution?
You cannot have both programs running at the same time.
You can exit any automated flight at any time by flicking the Flight Mode switch to Atti and back to P-GPS.
That will cancel whatever mission or automated flight was happening and return control to you.
If you were in Litchi, there's no need to close it and open a different program.
You should be able to fly normally in either program.

Thanks for replying, yes I had never heard of joystick mode which appears to be the opposite of 'no joystick' mode i.e. the user has no input. Excuse my basic knowledge a relative beginner and only just exploring flight logs.

I had read elsewhere of switching to sports mode and back, which I guess atti would do the same. It is something to do with litchi and panos apparently.

I will look into the cost of replacing or fixing the controller.

Reactions: Capt KO
I was using Litchi for a panoramic shot. When completed I pressed the return to home on the controller and totally lost control of the aircraft. You can see the corkscrewing on the attached photo.

As far as I can remember, I couldn't come out of return to home. As reported on a previous post I may have panicked and pressed more than once which I believe toggles between RTH and cancelling. At one point the controller issued an overheating warning. As you can see this corskcrewing happened again, couldn't reduce height manually. Interestingly on the first corkscrew using the 'phantom help' site - see below, the joystick controllers seem to be pushed across and up which I know they weren't. The previously day I had a flyaway which luckily landed softly in a hedge where a similar joystick lock could be seen on flight log. I have been recalibrating before each site. I have been also having to recalibrate the joysticks often recently due to beeping. Could this link to the errors with the joysticks on the flight log.

In the end I switched off the controller (probably not advised but prevented me losing drone) and then on restarting it was ok!

Any help appreciated - its scary when drone is spinning in mid air and it seems like there is nothing I can do!

View attachment 118828
i use only the controller button RTH of my Mavic Pro and on the Go4 app but this old controller has a message screen with info on that!! i use sportmodus full speed AND descend in the direction home i see on the map low left in the go4 app. In case of low battery you get the most fast way back so i can go more than 1 mile away. In mountains i always fly first against the wind because higher in the sky there can be possible a lot of battery draining wind speeds (here Rhodope, Rila, Pirin). +je

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers