Need advice re multiple issues with new P3A

Reaction score
I am getting that sinking feeling. I was flying a P3S and I decided I wanted to move up to the Advanced to improve range. I purchased it around 11 Oct. I upgraded the firmware on the controller with no problem Upgrading the bird was a different story. Failed after multiple attempts using DJI tutorial. I called DJI, could hardly understand the person I was talking to. He asked me to e mail him a file from the SD card and he would send me instructions to complete the update. I immediately complied and never heard from him. Frank at Carolina Dronz was kind enough to help me complete the update.

I flew it for the first time today after calibrating the compass. I flew for about 7 - 8 min uneventfully, was about 1500 feet downrange, and I lost visual connection. I hit RTH with success. I did not lose satellite positioning. When it was close enough I cancelled RTH and brought it back in visually. I then received the "Compass Stuck" error. I reset everything and tried again. I again lost visual connection. As I contemplated my options on what to do, I think I remembered that Phantoms that are not purchased from an authorized dealer will not have warranty coverage. I did not think of that at the time and purchased off of Amazon from "SSE Photo & Video". I cannot find the current list of authorized dealers. Are they on it?

Please help. I need guidance on how to proceed.

I did not think of that at the time and purchased off of Amazon from "SSE Photo & Video". I cannot find the current list of authorized dealers. Are they on it?
Yes.

Stress level is going down now. It is helpful to learn that SSE is an authorized seller. I swapped lightening cable and just flew successfully, no errors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj