My P4 vanished

It's possible that the uplink remained good, in which case further stick inputs could have been acted on but the log would not have recorded them. However, the sudden loss of downlink coinciding with sudden braking makes a battery issue more likely in my opinion.
The total power loss makes the most sense. I was in a rush to get it in the sky. Maybe i didn't put the battery in all the way. If a sledding teenager picked it up and took it home as a trophy, I have very little recourse. Correct?

The total power loss makes the most sense. I was in a rush to get it in the sky. Maybe i didn't put the battery in all the way. If a sledding teenager picked it up and took it home as a trophy, I have very little recourse. Correct?

Unless you can track it down - correct. You could post some flyers offering a reward perhaps.

upload_2018-3-21_22-47-31.png

Is it possible its on the second guy's roof?

Maybe it RTH to that guy's red dot after I lost coms. It's not there FWIW

I sent a lost drone post to my local FB community AND stated it was near an elementary school . I bet by morning someone will accuse me of aerial molesting their kid.

Reactions: sshephard
Wow bummer,I did delete me post ,I read it wrong (I know) 8.1ft is distance traveled while sitting warming up before flight,hopefully someone will find for you ,it just seems right there but it not,best of luck,will be following

Man I so feel you pain, exact same thing happened to me yesterday,,,well sort of! I did get the cords for the last known position. We Spent 3 hours searching in ankle deep water all through the marsh\wetlands. By now! I was Sure the battery was dead by now. **** I’m Cold, wet and irritated we called the search. My buddy that helped w/ the search and rescue jumped in his truck was head out stopped, I assumed he was just setup his gps....he called me over and said dude look up at the tree line....no way! I Jumped on the quad headed out in that direction. Did you ever hear The saying “you can’t see the forest for the trees?”. Up close I could not spot the drone b bud called me in from a distance. Long story short it was exactly at the last known lats & longs....~70’ in a tree. Another guy I ‘know has a tree service. He sent a kid over that “needed the practice”. I never really expected the kid to climb a pencil thin ash tree some 70’! High he not only did that but he secured my drone and scampered down & returned it to me th only damage was 2 propellers! The kid has brass ones! If you are wondering all it was operator head space & timing, I totally screwed the pooch on this one! Lesson learned

I am a terrible pilot. I will say, that I am very appreciative of this group. Long time lurker

Same data as the log. I'll bet a a kid picked it up. In which case it's gone.

Thank you all so much. This group has been incredibly helpful from research before buying 2+ years ago to battery issues a year ago. To this. Thank you all. I will update if I ever find it.
I am a terrible pilot. I will say, that I am very appreciative of this group. Long time lurker

Most of us start out terrible. Next time you might want to work on basic flying skills before venturing out.:)

The drone never came home and my phone wouldn't reconnect with it. I have no idea where my drone is.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope somehow it's returned to you. I had a similar experience and never expected to see my Phantom again. But I was fortunate to have someone find it and contact me so I could retrieve it. Which leads me to ask, was your contact information anywhere on the drone?

Reactions: RW8888
It wouldn’t be legal for someone to just claim it. They couldn’t do that legally with your dog or any other property you might have lost. Keep looking and post some signs and contact the local PD and let them know. It might turn up. Best of luck.

At 1/4 of a mile away and being 70 feet high amongst many tall pine trees there is no way you had VLOS of your drone and you said you were flying at 20 mph. That kind of piloting behavior will lead to many mishaps such as yours. Charge it to a lesson learned.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
My bet is battery dislodged! If only one side of battery snaps in a sudden change in speed or direction will cause flexing of drone battery compartment and battery release causing power loss. Then if hitting a tree or something else before the ground battery will fall out. Happened to me! So also look for battery on ground and drone will be a few feet away. I do not know if this has been recommended but we should all put a document on our memory card with name address, phone number and or Facebook page and put info on battery with a permanent marker. I lost two cheaper drones and I know someone will find them some day but I did not have any info on them! Sometimes it cost a lot to become smarter at the way we do things!!!

Gerbe,
Unless you are in a preprogramned autonomous flight mode your controller is flying the aircraft regardless of what your phone is doing at all times.

Stating the obvious had you been flying VLOS at 150ft you would still have been in command of your aircraft. Any stick movement would affect the aircrafts flight. In the future just let go of the sticks and your aircraft should remain in position if in P Mode (GPS). If in atti mode its gone with the wind. You could then approach the last known area in a few minutes a 1/4 mile away or until you regain VLOS and find it hovering there.

In my area if i had an actual fly away the prudent thing to do is notify the FAA at that moment. Im sandwiched just over 5 miles between class B & D Airspace with a helopad on just about every corner of every mile section. Later if someone reports finding the aircraft to the FAA they will have your fly away notification on record and know you were flying responsibly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga