My P4 netted

Reaction score
Had my 1st "incident" on it's maiden indoor flight. I totally misjudged how far away I was to the net! But no harm no foul. It was hung about 15 feet up. I got it down with a long pole and no damage other than to my pride.

upload_2016-10-16_1-9-21.png

There is some drone video on Creative Live for editing I bought where two 'experienced' drone operators got near the ceiling and then thing took off and crashed into it and fell. Something about some air vortex or something near ceilings that sucks them up and into it. They also crashed another outdoors too so they got teased about their experience.

Had my 1st "incident" on it's maiden indoor flight. I totally misjudged how far away I was to the net! But no harm no foul. It was hung about 15 feet up. I got it down with a long pole and no damage other than to my pride.

View attachment 67178

Whatever it is, you got a unique picture. Smiles please!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I flew it on P mode. It was steady as a rock. I flew slowly around the tennis players with zero effort. So it was downcourt to where I was standing, and I thought it was at least 3 feet from the net. I just misjudged this distance. The P4 must have been inches away when I lowered it and the prop guard hooked in the net and pulled the P4 sideways against the net.
I just quickly stopped the motors before it got loose and crashed to the floor.
So absolutely no damage to the P4. I dodged a bullet on that one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic