Motors do not set completely vertical in the housing

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been ask before but canoe find in search. My motors do not set completely vertical in the housing. They tilt to one side. Is this normal.

Thanks

This is as designed.

I've noticed the same thing on my P2V+.

The front motors are perfectly horizontal, but the rears are both tilted outwards slightly, perhaps 5 degrees positive camber. I'm sure this is a design feature to aid yaw control too (vectored thrust with induced torque).

I fixed mine. I pried the tilting motors out and glued shims under them. I haven't flown it yet but I don't expect any issues :)
image.jpg

Good luck with that mod. :confused:

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
on the p3 the motors are supposed to be tilted out some. That helps it have less VRS and also makes it fly way more stable as it puts some outward pull from all 4 arms.

THO on all other models other then the inspire 1 and the p3 the motors are not supposed to be tilted. BUT I would suppose that putting a shim under all 4 would be a good mod for p1s and p2s providing you can also keep the motors from rubbing on the sides of the holes in the top of the arms. and they also would have to be so that all 4 all tilt the exact same amount or at least very close to exact.

I though the tilt also contributed to the newly incorporated aerial braking. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20