motor obstructed without crashing

Reaction score
As the title says I have an error pop up on my screen that says motor obstructed. I bought the DJI phantom 3 pro and have around 6 hours of flight time, haven't crashed or hit anything. Wasn't able to use it for a few days but i noticed that it said it needed to update from the controller, updated it and then packed it away. Brought it out yesterday and I'm seeing the motor obstructed error message on my screen with the front lights being solid red and the back lights blinking yellow. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

88 views, and no replies. :eek:
You still stuck?

I know very little about the Pro.

"updated from the remote" ?
The app or the Phantom needed the update from the remote?

Was this displayed as a firmware thing?

Motors spin easily? (all the same)
Will the motors start?

Its all I got.

Oh, welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

Rod

I have crashed and had this error before, usually from a landing attempt I stuffed up. This exact error has popped up on mine, have cleared it and continued to fly without issue.

Have you attempted flying it again? I have 115km and dozens of hours logged on mine and it hasn't caused any issues...

What I realized was that I updated the controller without updating the drone and batteries.
Looked up a simple guide on youtube and updated everything to the current firmware.
Now it works great and I'm back out in the sky!
Thank you for your replies matttheduckman and Rodpad it was greatly appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic