More powerfull repeater?

ginster said:
This thread has gone a bit flat

Where's uncle fester? I thought we were going to see some more crazy pics !

I spent ages today looking for a suitable antenna that could do both frequencies at the same time, but it seems there isn't much on the market for this type of thing.

I may just invest in the same one as uncle fester, they're only £33 on amazon

Uncle fester, how easy was the mod to perform on the wifi extender?
Does it do anything that would compromise the warranty or is it reversible?

More screenshots, more screenshots !! over 3000ft :shock:
uncle fester im all dressed up in polyester! lol well im happy with the way its performing so will just leave it for now.i hope to see some other people try different antennas and ideas? its really eazy just undo the 4 screws on the repeater then use like a butter knife slide it along the side to pop it open then just unplug 1 mini port and plug in adaptor.i drilled a lil hole to poke the wire threw.plug the adaptor onto ure antenna and ure done.i suppose if u dont drill a hole in the cover no one will know? just abit of heads up dont let ure batt go below 19% cause it will crash land also it seems the foot display shits itself around 3300ft i went well past that 2day must have been atleast 4000ft out.look fwd to seeing other setups ;)

heres a pic of the mounting of the antenna i use 2 strips of stainless steel and drilled holes then used 2 stainless mini u bolt clamps to mount it to the controller works well cause u can still adjust the antenna .removed the stock repeater and used doubble sided tape to mount it to the back of the patch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,033
uncle fester said:
heres a pic of the mounting of the antenna i use 2 strips of stainless steel and drilled holes then used 2 stainless mini u bolt clamps to mount it to the controller works well cause u can still adjust the antenna .removed the stock repeater and used doubble sided tape to mount it to the back of the patch

Ok, that's fairly simple, good deal man.

Blackdragan said:
just abit of heads up dont let ure batt go below 19% cause it will crash

Are you referring to the repeater's battery or the Visions battery? Thanks

Just flew it about 10 min ago and I put it at a hover around 5 feet until it reached 19% power and it cuts power anyway without the mod. So bottom line, the power indicator still registers correctly with the antennae mod. Now don't get me wrong, it might get to 19% quicker than a stock PV2 but at least we know it doesn't screw with the power indicator.

Just an FYI, the stock Vision software initiates an auto land sequence at 20% battery. YOU CAN OVERRIDE THIS by pushing the throttle stick up and flying back home. It gives the 1st level alarm at 30% with slow blinking red lights, and 2nd level fast blinking red and auto land at 20%.

With the most current software update the 2nd level was reduced to 15%

These radio mods have no effect on battery life.

I've ordered your antenna as well as a few others to test and will update this forum as I begin to test. Currently I'm grounded with a bad P2V battery and will have a new one next week, but that won't stop me from doing some range testing across my pasture. Thanks Uncle Fester for some cool inspiration.

MadMan said:
I've ordered your antenna as well as a few others to test and will update this forum as I begin to test. Currently I'm grounded with a bad P2V battery and will have a new one next week, but that won't stop me from doing some range testing across my pasture. Thanks Uncle Fester for some cool inspiration.
sweet i think u cant really go rong with that setup lookin fwd 2 see how u get on

uncle fester said:
MadMan said:
sweet i think u cant really go rong with that setup lookin fwd 2 see how u get on

I Ordered as well on Amazon, I really appreciate the work you provided Fester, I can't wait to try it out!

bigfoot21075 said:
ginsonic said:
Someone just upgraded his PV to Futuba RC 2.4 GHz and Fatshark glasses 5.8 GHz FPV. That mean 3 Km + range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hae6-WIak6c

THat is WAYYYYYYYY more involved than just changing the antenna.

Interesting... The guy couldn't figure out how you would normally land a PV. Just hold down the thrust stick for 3-5 seconds and she shuts peacefully down... He also didn't RTFM or spend any time on the forums since he was complaining about the original configuration without IOC, etc...

Why spend the extra money on a PV if you're going to butcher it and rip out most of the stuff you just paid extra for? I don't get it... :?

@christianjou, that's just it... he didn't! and... it's obscured by the 16db patch antenna! Maybe the back of the patch is bouncing his 5.8 and helping it get up there!

iDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20