More powerfull repeater?

uncle fester said:
I got over 3000ft last night and was still going but I gotta have the antenna pointed rite at it. So much more fun to fly with the extra range

Are you ready to post the details of your modifications yet?

Nice work Drone-man and Uncle Fester, I'm anxious to see some detailed explanations with part numbers!

I generally get 400-500ft range on the video link. 2000 to 3000 would be great.

Uncle Fester were you using a spotter or did you fly solo? Yes, I too would love to see parts listings, URL's to suppliers and some detail on battery consumption. And BTW does someone know the stock wifi repeater's antenna angle?

ive posted pics already.parts used..........SMA female pigtail to U.FL wifi wireless antenna adaptor.............tp 16dbi 2.4g patch antenna.plugs str8 onto the mini port on repeater as for the remote on the back of it turn the screw down the right hand corner clockwise and when you turn on the remote you should hear 2 beeps instead of 1.dont try it until I get home and confirm that it is that screw!and that's its 0ver 3000ft.i think if you get a 20dbi antenna it will go even more

laxlife said:
Uncle Fester were you using a spotter or did you fly solo? Yes, I too would love to see parts listings, URL's to suppliers and some detail on battery consumption. And BTW does someone know the stock wifi repeater's antenna angle?
nah I fly it solo pretty much upto 1500feet you just have 2 have the antenna pointed in the genral direction but after that you gotta point it rite at it but that's not hard to do

uncle fester said:
ive posted pics already.parts used..........SMA female pigtail to U.FL wifi wireless antenna adaptor.............tp 16dbi 2.4g patch antenna.plugs str8 onto the mini port on repeater as for the remote on the back of it turn the screw down the right hand corner clockwise and when you turn on the remote you should hear 2 beeps instead of 1.dont try it until I get home and confirm that it is that screw!and that's its 0ver 3000ft.i think if you get a 20dbi antenna it will go even more

2 beeps on the TX is FCC mode, 125mW output on the 5.8Ghz RC link, supposed to be rated 500M or 1,600ft. Did you have control out at 3000ft??

You have to boost the 5,8 ghz too.

Tomorrow will be a long range day.......

Do not worry, i will explain all after the exploit......

Well you certainly have our attention!

Looking forward to seeing this. :ugeek:

Scott

This is how I'm gonna run for now I think next I will put a better antenna on the phantom itself.yup I had full controll with stock radio at 3000ft just needs wind that screw to boost it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,131
Wow, so you are just using one of the two WiFi antenna ports on the extender, and the other is now basically blocked? Is it a diversity setup so it will just ignore the small antenna now?

I'm surprised that the 5Ghz antenna isn't blocked by the WiFi patch.

If it's all working, I'm impressed!

RemE said:
Wow, so you are just using one of the two WiFi antenna ports on the extender, and the other is now basically blocked? Is it a diversity setup so it will just ignore the small antenna now?

I'm surprised that the 5Ghz antenna isn't blocked by the WiFi patch.

If it's all working, I'm impressed!
yea 1 lil patch is still hooked up and i unplugged the other1 and plugged in my big patch antenna.im quite amazed at the 5ghz range being behind the patch but it works 100%.im very happy with it best rc thing ive eva brought

Assuming the repeater is MIMO (which it should be), you're giving up some potential signal gains by not leveraging both antenna ports (spatial diversity). I'm not sure about the math to calculate it, but I wouldn't be surprised by a 3db improvement, or more, with spatial diversity.

wow ... impressive !

is weird that the 5.8ghz antenna don't get disturbed / attenuated by the patch in front of it
as in the vision manual they say to be careful to not block the antenna with the smartphone or the wifi repeater :roll:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 10.56.39.png
    Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 10.56.39.png
    79 KB · Views: 986
lylet said:
Assuming the repeater is MIMO (which it should be), you're giving up some potential signal gains by not leveraging both antenna ports (spatial diversity). I'm not sure about the math to calculate it, but I wouldn't be surprised by a 3db improvement, or more, with spatial diversity.

With Uncle Festers setup, I am not sure how you would utilize the a second port. You want that going to a different antenna and not the same as the other port right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers