More log help. Phantom (as in not there?) GPS errors on Litchi WP flight

Reaction score
Flew a second Litchi Waypoint mission today out to the same place. On the way back I had the following twice flash on my screen in the Litchi app. ”Aircraft GPS Error Restart Aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support.“

Lasted only a second each time. I never lost satellites. The mission continued to fly in WP mode (it wasn’t thrown into ATTI). I see nothing in Airdata - flight looks clean. Likewise in the phantom help log viewer.

Maybe you guys can do a deeper dive on this one too? Thanx!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Hum, Well I looked at 4 hrs ago, I was looking for the 0 satellite count, but it didn't activate ATTI.

@sar104 , @Fly Dawg, @BudWalker, @Oso.
First ones that I think of.

There is @cheddarman, but he is focused on the .dat files... ;)

Rod

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry, man that is was looking for, zero sats in the log, which I didn't see. :)
I been trying to make aware what I have been seeing with P4s and GPS signal problems
Litchi Flight Phantom 4 A Did Not Return
A Lucky Day!

Rod
Gotcha. It looks to me like a spurious error message. Which is disconcerting. But I was hoping someone more familiar with the deeper analysis than I could find something. Although I guess a spurious error message is better than a bad GPS module.

Reactions: RodPad
This being a second flight, how was the turbulence?

Rod

This being a second flight, how was the turbulence?

Rod
Second flight was different in that I took a copy and disabled the gimbal POI control and controlled it manually so I didn’t have that as an indicator. I don’t recall if I saw the arms in the second flight. But I did have some very violent gimbal movements at one point while aiming straight down coming out the end of the suspected turbulent area. I suspect the bird was rolling again but haven’t analyzed the logs to see. However I did get some pretty usable footage before that point and through the prior turbulent area. Although I don’t like the framing so I may try again if I can feel ok about the risk. Here is the video.

Reactions: RodPad
Yeah, cool stuff, It just freaks me out on the distance a P4 can do signal and battery when I was looking at your flight log on this thread.
Battery and distance, compared to my P3A. :rolleyes:

You got into Litchi about the same time I did, so I have followed most of you posts on your P3S.

Rod

@Fly Dawg or @sar104
Have you guys looked at his data on this thread?

I was looking for the GPS satellite = 0, and I actually did a search with CTRL-F

I know I have seen this message before "Aircraft GPS Error Restart Aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support."

Your Thoughts?
Thanks..

Rod

And here is a nice vid I got on the first run after the gimbal problem subsided.

I looked at your clip earlier, just watched it again.
Good stuff.

3 miles one way, 6 miles round trip?
I just can't Phantom that. :)

Rod

Reactions: Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20