More log help. Phantom (as in not there?) GPS errors on Litchi WP flight

Reaction score
Flew a second Litchi Waypoint mission today out to the same place. On the way back I had the following twice flash on my screen in the Litchi app. ”Aircraft GPS Error Restart Aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support.“

Lasted only a second each time. I never lost satellites. The mission continued to fly in WP mode (it wasn’t thrown into ATTI). I see nothing in Airdata - flight looks clean. Likewise in the phantom help log viewer.

Maybe you guys can do a deeper dive on this one too? Thanx!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Hum, Well I looked at 4 hrs ago, I was looking for the 0 satellite count, but it didn't activate ATTI.

@sar104 , @Fly Dawg, @BudWalker, @Oso.
First ones that I think of.

There is @cheddarman, but he is focused on the .dat files... ;)

Rod

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry, man that is was looking for, zero sats in the log, which I didn't see. :)
I been trying to make aware what I have been seeing with P4s and GPS signal problems
Litchi Flight Phantom 4 A Did Not Return
A Lucky Day!

Rod
Gotcha. It looks to me like a spurious error message. Which is disconcerting. But I was hoping someone more familiar with the deeper analysis than I could find something. Although I guess a spurious error message is better than a bad GPS module.

Reactions: RodPad
This being a second flight, how was the turbulence?

Rod

This being a second flight, how was the turbulence?

Rod
Second flight was different in that I took a copy and disabled the gimbal POI control and controlled it manually so I didn’t have that as an indicator. I don’t recall if I saw the arms in the second flight. But I did have some very violent gimbal movements at one point while aiming straight down coming out the end of the suspected turbulent area. I suspect the bird was rolling again but haven’t analyzed the logs to see. However I did get some pretty usable footage before that point and through the prior turbulent area. Although I don’t like the framing so I may try again if I can feel ok about the risk. Here is the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RodPad
And here is a nice vid I got on the first run after the gimbal problem subsided.

Reactions: Oso and RodPad
Yeah, cool stuff, It just freaks me out on the distance a P4 can do signal and battery when I was looking at your flight log on this thread.
Battery and distance, compared to my P3A. :rolleyes:

You got into Litchi about the same time I did, so I have followed most of you posts on your P3S.

Rod

@Fly Dawg or @sar104
Have you guys looked at his data on this thread?

I was looking for the GPS satellite = 0, and I actually did a search with CTRL-F

I know I have seen this message before "Aircraft GPS Error Restart Aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support."

Your Thoughts?
Thanks..

Rod

And here is a nice vid I got on the first run after the gimbal problem subsided.

I looked at your clip earlier, just watched it again.
Good stuff.

3 miles one way, 6 miles round trip?
I just can't Phantom that. :)

Rod

Reactions: Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers