More channels hack

Good news! I was on about Oso because his setup is similar to mine with the iOS devices and the latest app the Go. I want to make sure before overwriting the existing config file. I would think I'll have to go into all the options again to set them back where I had them.
snerd, I'll go out now and give it a try so you have another data point.

i updated my ipad mini 3 with the new dji config and voila !!! the 32 channels is here .. i fly my p3p with the manual mode 32 channel like a charm till the 1000m and 200m altitude and still have a full signal ... hurray !!! love it but still not convinced with the idea that the upper channel could give more range than the lower one !!!

Reactions: Milehighdesign
I'm not expecting the mod itself to provide greater range.

What we really get is the ability to move to cleaner video down-link freqs.

That is what will allow me to fly further using FPV.

:harry

Thanks! Actually, I already overwrote on my iPhone. But will wait until I do the iPad.
I just got back from flying around a nearby park. P3A, Air 2, 1.3.2, GO app, extended channels enabled.

I set to custom and selected channel 32, and never changed since it was so quiet. I flew out to 2000' at about 350' altitude over a marsh near a fire station. I had some trees in my way at times, and several cell towers close by. Not even a hint of any signal loss. Rock solid, and the P3A flew like a dream. I think now it will take some serious new features for me to ever upgrade the app or FW again.

I really must give credit when it is due. Nice job DJI. I forgive you for the last FW.

Reactions: JoBe and snerd
I don't understand this mod. It really doesn't go up or down further (add frequency) just adds channels in between. The stock channels already overlap if you look at them on an analyzer. So not sure what the deal is ????

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I don't understand this mod. It really doesn't go up or down further (add frequency) just adds channels in between. The stock channels already overlap if you look at them on an analyzer. So not sure what the deal is ????

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
It looks like the added "channels" are a lot quieter than the stock 8. Which means less signal interference between RC and bird. Maybe smoother video. However, I'm not very good at electronics............. if you can convince me it's a useless mod, I'm open to review it.

I don't know. Here is wifi at my house. Look at overlap. I just don't see point of stuffing 4 times more channels in there. Going to top of what you have now maybe.

Attachments

• 1438999253203.jpg
    1438999253203.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 448
Yes. But you can go to the top without mods. The stock top channel is 1/2 channel higher than the additional one added in the hack. At least I think so. It's a known fact 802.11 channels are wide and overlap. I am just throwing it out there as this makes no sense to me.

Yes. But you can go to the top without mods. The stock top channel is 1/2 channel higher than the additional one added in the hack. At least I think so. It's a known fact 802.11 channels are wide and overlap. I am just throwing it out there as this makes no sense to me.

Rrm,
Look into 802.11n
The LB system in the P3 utilizes MIMO w/ODFM modulation on the downlink.
Whataya think?

Rrm,
Look into 802.11n
The LB system in the P3 utilizes MIMO w/ODFM modulation on the downlink.
Whataya think?
Well I don't know. My understanding besides N "mimo" being multi channel is it's wider yet. The 22khz current channels are really broad and not sharp so even 8db off center they are not very many db down. Looking at the skirt profile I just don't see how putting 32 channels in the same frequency space helps. Just trying to figure out what I am missing....

****! Looking up references on the frequencies, it's obviously a very crowded frequency range! And hams are "secondary" users up there, in the 13cm band, behind the ISM users. Our world has gotten much smaller over the last 50 years.

****! Looking up references on the frequencies, it's obviously a very crowded frequency range! And hams are "secondary" users up there, in the 13cm band, behind the ISM users. Our world has gotten much smaller over the last 50 years.
Keep in mind this hack does not extend the frequency range outside of stock range. Still same span. Does not get into ham bands.

Reactions: snerd
Look,,for whatever the reason the upper channels are much quieter than the lower ones. Stock ends at 20.....even if you went up or blocked 2 channels around number 20 your still no where near channel 32. Around my congested place I DOUBLED my range so there's something to be said about this mod. It works period and for many of us. Also keep in mind that after firmware 1.07 DJI deliberately dumbed this thing down. Many phantom fliers reported loss of range especially around urban areas. Now we know why.

Any idea on how to get this .dji file to where it needs to be on a Ipad Air 2. I am a windows users, and first time Ipad Air owner, I bought this to use with the P3. So any help on how to see the storage area / drive?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z