More channels hack

There is also 2 R/C's that we have which are totally different internally from one another. (IMO, the GL300A is the one to have)

Thanks, how is this different from choosing auto and having interference on the auto-selected channel? Will auto then select another channel? I have read, that if you choose custom, that you can change channel while flying.
Auto will hop channels based on congestion, manual is just that.. manual... you have to change the channels yourself, ie, constantly flipping back to the screen and picking a new channel yourself.

I haven't yet tried out the new hack, but I downloaded it last night; easy peasy. My question is, which channel to choose and how to know? I believe when the app is up and running there is a green graph line across the screen of channels. Is that green line the interference coming in? Should you choose a channel away from that line?

The ideal channel is one that is a completely flat line. I recommend only custom selecting the upper range channels above 20. I set mine to 28

I would suggest everyone educates themselves on channels and frequencies. It's a whole new world. Pick a wrong channel and your bird goes crazy or you end up in prison. Channels have restrictions on what , where and how you can use them. Some are restricted example channel 14 will put you in prison. Do yourself a favor and spend some time reading. Channels are not just there for the taking.

Dude the FCC has better things to do than to pursue fine seek out or otherwise put someone in prison for what channel their Low powered RC is running on. No one would even know we were ever there or be aware someone was licensed or not running on our RCs on the extra channels. Don't sweat it people. And FYI 14 is not a restricted or license requiring channel. And for anyone who may have concerns or wants to be completely legal using any channel or power level they want it's easy enough to get a basic ham / amateur radio or similar license.

Last edited:
Here is the file... moved it to desktop, but can't see it and iTunes does not find it either...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 1.48.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 1.48.40 PM.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 373
Select the file, click the unzip button, select the destination, press ok or the ok equivalent in iOS land

I dont see - Custom - Auto options in my app what am I doing wrong guys? Seems Iam the only one with this problem so its probably my fault :-(

I have done the same 20 times. "unzipped " the file to a folder on desktop, then the folder is empty... . If I try to unzip the file again to the same location, it says the " .DJI.configs file exists already in this location, want to replace it ?" i know the file is in the folder , but can't see it , iTunes neither ...

I dont see - Custom - Auto options in my app what am I doing wrong guys? Seems Iam the only one with this problem so its probably my fault :-(

If you in Europe you might not be able to select custom

What version of the app are you using...1.1.2, 1.2.0..GO ?

If you touch the HD tab in the General Settings Menu and you'll see both the available channels and the buttons to select Auto or Custom.

:harry

I have done the same 20 times. "unzipped " the file to a folder on desktop, then the folder is empty... . If I try to unzip the file again to the same location, it says the " .DJI.configs file exists already in this location, want to replace it ?" i know the file is in the folder , but can't see it , iTunes neither ...
Are you using a Mac or a PC ?

If you're using a PC look both in your documents and download folders.

Also, try typing the name of the file in the search bar under the start up menu. I just did that and I was able to locate my file by searching for ".dji" Be sure to include the "dot".

:harry

If you in Europe you might not be able to select custom

Yeah found out already.. Now thats just stupid.... Well I switched my phone language to English - United States and set pacific time (although I think the second ones not needed) and now its working :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews