More channels hack

Has anyone figured out if RC buttons C1 and/or C2 can be programmed to display the HD Channel select screen?

It would be convenient to quickly switch channels when the signal strength deteriorates. Or, fly your route to locate the emitter frequencies to avoid.
Sort of like flying an EA-6B Prowler ECM aircraft into hostile territory to ID enemy radar emitters...LOL

Apple never intended on users trying administrator tasks......don't worry though I'm sure you can get it done.....perhaps the "geniuses" would be of more help than phantom pilots to succeed in your task....just saying

Yeah found out already.. Now thats just stupid.... Well I switched my phone language to English - United States and set pacific time (although I think the second ones not needed) and now its working :D
You legend, thank you! I tried everything but that!

Thanks, how is this different from choosing auto and having interference on the auto-selected channel? Will auto then select another channel? I have read, that if you choose custom, that you can change channel while flying.

Yes, in auto mode the transmitter rules a "frequency hopping" when signal to noise ratio is too low.

Believe it or not , it worked ....Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 20150807_150156.jpg
    20150807_150156.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 346
So this "hack" works fine on iOS (version 1.2.0). I see the 32 channels in auto mode, but the "custom" button is disabled. I suppose that's by design? What would the advantage of this hack then be?
And also, how can DJI have 8 or 32 channels? In 2.4 GHz wifi, you either have 11 or 13 channels, depending on the country...

32 Channels in Auto/Custom mode .

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20
DJI GO App iOS Version v2.0.0.

So this "hack" works fine on iOS (version 1.2.0). I see the 32 channels in auto mode, but the "custom" button is disabled. I suppose that's by design? What would the advantage of this hack then be?
And also, how can DJI have 8 or 32 channels? In 2.4 GHz wifi, you either have 11 or 13 channels, depending on the country...

Go back a page or two and catch up.

Ladies, if done correctly this does indeed work. Blame goofy IOS for doing things the hard way. All you need to do is open the app in iTunes scroll down to the DJI app hit the add file button and when it asked you if you want to over write the existing file choose yes. You don't need to get into the root file structure of IOS. It's a one two three easy peasy task. Took me awhile as I didn't scroll down far enough and the add file button was further down so a three minute job took 3 hours. My flub aside this does work and I have tested it throughly and it does work MUCH better than stock. My advice is to copy and save the file, older stock file, and a copy of the current 2.0 DJI Go app. Just in case they find a way to disable this again......

So I just tested this file when flying P3P with latest firmware and app 1.2 AND there is a problem for me.

First - I am in f***ed up Europe so I had to switch my phone language to US English in order to be able to use custom mode in video transmission tab.

Second - all channels were there but during the flight I lost visual and when I was trying to switch back to Auto it wasnt working (auto just flashed once and reverted back to custom every time). So I just landed and restarted app and when it launched all additional channels were gone.... So this file stopped working...

So I guess its not such a great hack but still...I dont need it just wanted to try it out...

So, have you gotten a chance to go fly yet? Do the upper channels work?

I just installed the config file and now also have all of the channels in 1.3.2 on an Air 2. A couple of notes however.

When I fist clicked on "add file" and selected the new config file, I got a prompt box asking if I want to replace the original file. See the first photo attached below.

I selected replace, and then got a second prompt box about needing to unlock my iPad. See the second photo attached below.

I knew this would happen if the iPad was locked, I just wasn't paying attention to it and didn't see that it had locked.

I unlocked the iPad and saw that I had the GO app open, so I closed it out and again attempted to install the new config file. This time there was no prompt box about replacing the original file.

I am assuming that if you have the app open when you try to install this config file, you will get the prompt about replacing the original.

I disconnected the iPad from iTunes, opened the GO app, and there were all the channels. I haven't flown yet, but I am assuming that if I can see them now that they will be there later when I fly.

View attachment 26750
View attachment 26751

I just flew Chan 32 with great reception to 13.5k feet! Turned and flew home. This is in mountainous WV in a valley.

Reactions: snerd
I just flew Chan 32 with great reception to 13.5k feet! Turned and flew home. This is in mountainous WV in a valley.
Good news! I was on about Oso because his setup is similar to mine with the iOS devices and the latest app the Go. I want to make sure before overwriting the existing config file. I would think I'll have to go into all the options again to set them back where I had them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor