Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

I had a great deal of difficulty stitching these images together because some images, although there was overlap, there were no distinct refernce points in the sea. Whatever software you develop as part of the panorama mode it must allow manual selection of refernce points but also allow manual setting of heading./bearing for initial photo. This will allow you to manually set up starting heading to allow for large areas of featureless landscape. This is only a problem in certain areas.
Also its ok to make vr panoramas but how do the average viewer get to see them? The software needs to include a free viewer or be compatible with existing software that do not need to upload files to the web or cloud stations.
Congratulations on the work so far with FPV, it certainly makes for some easier work.
Jeff
Thank you so much for uploading all 20 images to the forum. It took me a while to download them all. Hope it wouldn't make too much trouble to forum admins. I must agree with you these are hard to stitch them with auto mode.

We plan to add an option of initial bearing in Panorama mode to let pilots set starting heading. We also plan to add 1-row panorama rapid stitching and sharing, while multi-rows VR panorama is almost impossible to be stitched automatically even on PC/Mac (such as your sample).

Today I flew some more panorama flights and in two cases I could not switch from map view to camera view unless I switched out of Mission mode and into camera mode. This made it difficult to view what I was taking video of before starting to take panorama photos and taking video after finishing the panorama mode. I recently updated the Phantom Pro 6 to the latest 1.6.0040. I am wondering if this has corrupted the FPV programme?

Today I flew some more panorama flights and in two cases I could not switch from map view to camera view unless I switched out of Mission mode and into camera mode. This made it difficult to view what I was taking video of before starting to take panorama photos and taking video after finishing the panorama mode. I recently updated the Phantom Pro 6 to the latest 1.6.0040. I am wondering if this has corrupted the FPV programme?
DJI SDK team confirmed a bug in SDK (though didn't state which FW related) that might cause communication protocol and video connection instability, especially when shooting a lot of photos. Our dev traced down SDK source code, and likely has identified the SDK issue.

Did this instability issue happen before FW 1.6.40 upgrade? Which version of FW did you use before the upgrade?

DJI SDK team confirmed a bug in SDK (though didn't state which FW related) that might cause communication protocol and video connection instability, especially when shooting a lot of photos. Our dev traced down SDK source code, and likely has identified the SDK issue.

Did this instability issue happen before FW 1.6.40 upgrade? Which version of FW did you use before the upgrade?

I had no instability problem before upgrading from 1.05.0030. Also today I had another problem.
I usually fly the Phantom to the spot where I want to do a vr panorama using the camera mode. This means I get video of that part of the flight and can locate the exact spot manually. Then I switch to Mission Planner and panorama mode, flick the switch to F mode, set the 20 image setting and institute fly. After succesfully completing the 20 photos I press end and switch back to Camera mode and press the video recording button on the remote to video the flight back and any other video I want.
Today when I switched back from Mission planner panorama to Camera mode all I got on the screen was the initial FPV splash screen and no apparent way to control anything. I pressed return to home and waited until it got near and took control back.
This hasnt happened before. Could I have stopped the app in mid air and restarted it to get back to camera mode and control of the unit?
I also have had an error message in red when the unit is taking photos in panorama mode, not always and it still takes the photo and does not compromise any operation, just a little worrying at time.
Still very pleased with the app.

I had no instability problem before upgrading from 1.05.0030. Also today I had another problem.
I usually fly the Phantom to the spot where I want to do a vr panorama using the camera mode. This means I get video of that part of the flight and can locate the exact spot manually. Then I switch to Mission Planner and panorama mode, flick the switch to F mode, set the 20 image setting and institute fly. After succesfully completing the 20 photos I press end and switch back to Camera mode and press the video recording button on the remote to video the flight back and any other video I want.
Today when I switched back from Mission planner panorama to Camera mode all I got on the screen was the initial FPV splash screen and no apparent way to control anything. I pressed return to home and waited until it got near and took control back.
This hasnt happened before. Could I have stopped the app in mid air and restarted it to get back to camera mode and control of the unit?
I also have had an error message in red when the unit is taking photos in panorama mode, not always and it still takes the photo and does not compromise any operation, just a little worrying at time.
Still very pleased with the app.
Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. It sounds a bit weird after upgrading to FW 1.6.40. FPV Camera v2.0 was released on 12/18 and DJI FW 1.6.40 was released on 12/22. I'm unsure how many flights you did with FPV Camera v2.0 and previous FW 1.5.30, but I bet you flew many flights with FW 1.5.30 if you started from FPV v2.0 beta.

There are a few things might be worth to take notes.
1. You can fly directly with Mission Planner by toggling FPV/map view (clicking C2 button or tapping small window) instead of switching back-and-forth to Camera mode. Feel free to flip between P-mode and F-mode as needed.
2. After panorama shots completed, it should pop up to prompt you Again or Cancel, unless you press Stop button before completion. I wonder how did you "press end".
3. If you want to shoot video in Mission Planner, simply press video button on RC to start/stop recording right away.
4. If the app hangs in splash screen, simple double-click iPad home button to shutdown it then re-open it with Camera or Mission Planner mode.
5. Any chance to spot what is the red error message during panorama mode? Is that something like camera sensor error or "Not support now!(code:0xE4)"? Is that all photos saved on SD card properly?

Last edited:
What is the status of having this available for the iPhone? I like it a lot more then Litchi but I'd rather fly with the phone.

I finally got the latest images to stitch into a QTVR file. Here is a link to it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96701917/Video/Adams3.mov, play with Quicktime 7
and some vr jpeg panoramas but you will need PtGui viewer or similar to use them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96701917/Video/Trent1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96701917/Video/DJI_0388 Mermaids Pool8.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96701917/Video/Adams6.jpg
Spent a while to upload your spherical panorama shots. I think it's much easier to share. Please let me know if you want to remove them from public view.

Trent1
Dji 0388 Mermaids Pool8
Adams6

Thanks for your suggestion, and we listened. You might not be aware there is a "Show Distance" option in Waypoint tab of v2.0 beta. WP-3 illustrates those distances from the target-1 and previous/next waypoints. I know this is not a perfect way for laying waypoints around a target, but waypoint mission is not going to replace POI anyway. I think this is a fair compromise, while some users also requested to know the distance of previous/next waypoints.

• Show Distance - Show/hide distance between the followings.
  • Selected waypoint and the previous waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the next waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the focusing (Heading) target (Target-WP only)
IMG_0383_800.jpg

Any chance that the distance to target could be specified and adjusted? Perhaps similarly to how the height is specified. Draging the waypoint is too imprecise .....for me anyway

Thanks.

Any chance that the distance to target could be specified and adjusted? Perhaps similarly to how the height is specified. Draging the waypoint is too imprecise .....for me anyway

Thanks.
What sort of precision are you expecting? Can you zoom in the map with "Show Distance" to display distance between target & waypoints? Can you elaborate how do you want to use it?

What sort of precision are you expecting? Can you zoom in the map with "Show Distance" to display distance between target & waypoints? Can you elaborate how do you want to use it?

Sure. So currently the distance to target for a given waypoint is displayed on the line between them. If I want to change that distance, I drag the waypoint and the distance value updates, correct? It is not very precise for me when I drag, more trial and error. What if I have 20 waypoints around a target that I want to all be the same. It may take me a while to get that set up properly.

But, if the distance to target was adjustable in the same way as the height, the precision would be perfect, and it wouldn't take very long. What I am asking for is controls like we have for the height of the waypoint to set the distance to Target.

I hope I am clear.

Attachments

• dtt.jpg
    dtt.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 391
Sure. So currently the distance to target for a given waypoint is displayed on the line between them. If I want to change that distance, I drag the waypoint and the distance value updates, correct? It is not very precise for me when I drag, more trial and error. What if I have 20 waypoints around a target that I want to all be the same. It may take me a while to get that set up properly.

But, if the distance to target was adjustable in the same way as the height, the precision would be perfect, and it wouldn't take very long. What I am asking for is controls like we have for the height of the waypoint to set the distance to Target.

I hope I am clear.
Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback and idea. We will revisit this target distance in future update and see how to improve it. FYI, the flight path especially with curved corner is not very precise down to a few feet, regardless how precise you plan on the map.

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback and idea. We will revisit this target distance in future update and see how to improve it. FYI, the flight path especially with curved corner is not very precise down to a few feet, regardless how precise you plan on the map.

Great. Thanks for your consideration. I realize that overall precision is relative.

when in either pano modes can you setup the camera so it shoots the bracket shots for HDR shots...

IMPORTANT WARNING: Some of you may update DJI GO to 2.5.0 intentionally or by auto-update. Once you connected GO 2.5 to your aircraft, it's likely to update NFZ database in FW 1.6.40 with a lot more NFZ if you are in the US or Europe. You are probably grounded unless downgrade back to FW 1.5.30, regardless which third-party or DJI GO apps you use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164