Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

A new beta v2.1 (#3739) is available in TestFlight with following changes:
- Mission Planner is compatible with iPhone (4.7" & 5.5") with more flexible user interface
- Toggle show/hide Mission Panel, small window and telemetry to free up more screen space for mission planning
- Other minor fixes
*Next beta: Mission files will be synchronized across multiple iOS devices via iCloud
IMG_1052_720.jpg

IMG_1053_720.jpg

A new beta v2.1 (#3739) is available in TestFlight with following changes:
- Mission Planner is compatible with iPhone (4.7" & 5.5") with more flexible user interface
- Toggle show/hide Mission Panel, small window and telemetry to free up more screen space for mission planning
- Other minor fixes
*Next beta: Mission files will be synchronized across multiple iOS devices via iCloud
IMG_1052_720.jpg

IMG_1053_720.jpg

This sounds great!
Will it have goggle support?

I got it ... I had the displayed zoomed ... I'm old. I had to change it back to "standard" display.

Attachments

• IMG_4769.PNG
    IMG_4769.PNG
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 407
I got it ... I had the displayed zoomed ... I'm old. I had to change it back to "standard" display.
Glad to know you sorted it out. I was not even aware of "zoomed" display feature on my iPhone 6+. FYI, you can toggle show/hide small window and telemetry with lower-right arrow buttons.

A new beta v2.1 (#3742) is available in TestFlight with following changes:
- iCloud Sync under Mission Planner > Settings
- Direct copy email attachment mission file to the app (you might need to leave and re-open the app to take effect)
- Camera: Grid lines under Settings > Camera Settings > Grid
- Camera: Popup "Test" message when no signal for testing purpose
- Other minor fixes

**IMPORTANT** Turn off iCloud Sync (Mission Planner > Settings) if it's ON be default when you have previous beta installed. Otherwise, it switches storage to iCloud Drive instead of local waypoint folder, and you wouldn't see those previous created missions. Read more before turning ON iCloud Sync in Settings.

IMG_1064_720.jpg

Where can the mission files be retrieved at so I can send them to Healthy Drone?

Would be nice if you added auto upload to HD also.

Where in your priority list is the use of lat/long to find a location. You or Litchi. The first one to have it will be the one I support. Tks.
Do you want to set lat/long location to exact waypoint or target, or just for finding a brief location? Just curious what's the purpose for that?

Yes I would require an exact waypoint to within a few feet
I think you can consider a workaround as below.
1. Plan waypoint missions preliminary as usual.
2. Save and email mission files to yourself.
3. Edit the mission files with any text editor and enter the exact required lat/long down to 14 decimals.
4. Save the files back to email attachment.
5. Open the email attachment and "Copy to FPV Camera" (available in v2.1 beta) per Review

IMG_1063_640.jpg

Are you opening a mission created with IOS version 1.1.0 because that is what I am using and all I get is garbage. It won't even let me copy it. Ctrl a Ctrl c does not work with it either

I just tried it and I can edit the file like said above.
Are you saving the file from the email to your hard drive?

Last edited:
We received dozens of inquiries in the past few hours concerning about other third-party waypoint app failed to activate RTH as expected upon signal lost during waypoint mission. However, Mission Planner is NOT affected by this issue as stated in Mission Planner FAQ. Hope it clears the confusion.

Q2. If RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a waypoint mission, will the mission continue or RTH (Return To Home)?
A2. RC signal lost is a common issue likely due to RF interference, antenna orientation, far distance or signal blocked by obstacle. When RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a mission, the mission will continue until reaching the last waypoint. If you set Finish action to RTH in Setup tab, aircraft will RTH and auto-landing. This is usually safer than aircraft RTH upon signal lost. Imagine, when you fly behind an obstacle (such as a tall building) blocking RF signal then the aircraft executing RTH, RTH altitude might not set high enough to avoid hitting the obstacle.

Last edited:
FPV Camera v2.1 is officially released and available in App Store. What's new in v2.1:

Mission Planner:
  • New: Support iPhone (4.7" & 5.5") and iPad (all size) with flexible user interface.
  • New: Show/hide Mission Panel, small window and telemetry to free up more screen space for mission planning.
  • New: "iCloud Sync" synchronize mission files to iCloud as backup and update missions across multiple iOS devices automatically. It allows updating (add/change/delete) mission files even without internet connection, then synchronize back to iCloud and other devices when online.
  • New: Direct copy email attached mission files to Mission Planner
  • New: Camera tilting indicator
  • New: Grid lines to assist photo/video shooting
  • New: Unified messaging to group all messages of errors/warnings/hints to upper-left
  • Other minor fixes & enhancements
IMG_1052_720.jpg

Camera:
  • New: Camera tilting indicator
  • New: Grid lines to assist photo/video shooting
  • Other minor fixes & enhancements

Reactions: Leenanj

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members