missing lens profile correction in Lightroom

Reaction score
HI all,

I could have sworn when i imported a raw file from the P4 into lightroom, under the lens correction it said something like it was using the embedded profile. Now i dont see that and if enable profile correction, LR doesn't seem to know what profile to use.

Is there something i can do to fix this?

Search this message board. I remember (from some time ago) someone posted a set of lens profiles for the Phantoms.

If you find a link to some dedicated profiles please post it.

However in LR, you can still pick some Adobe profiles. Go the the manual process, in the drop down pick DJI. It will bring up profiles for both the Inspire 1 and P4. I have tried both, and prefer the one for the Inspire1. There is considerable barrel distortion in the P4 Pro camera and these profiles help but I realize they are not for the lens/sensor in the Pro. But they are a start.

It seems that DJI is embedding the lens info like Fuji does with the X cameras and GFX, however I am not sure that LR/Adobe is reading the data very well.

Paul Caldwell

It looks like there's a bug somewhere - i noticed the other day that when i clicked on a photo in LR it showed the message that it was using the embedded profile. But when i went back, the message was gone. And it didn't show up on any other photos. But it looks like it's applying the correction anyhow since i don't notice any distortion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4