Minor crash, what to do next?

Reaction score
Hey all, I was shooting a music video for an artist and accidentally took the phantom into a wall. My spotter warned me a split second before impact so i was able to slow it down significantly, but still took a hit. Luckily I walked away with no damage, just a few grass stains as she fell into a soft pile of wild grass. I brought her home, inspected the body (no cracks or bends), cleaned her up and replaced the props. Didnt want to take any chances in case they were off balance. I recalibrated the gimbal and IMU, took her up with no apparent issues. The gimbal has appears to vibrate a bit on hover, but not enough to affect picture (not sure if this is normal, never paid attention before but im hyper sensitive now). Is there anything else I should be aware of before i take her out on a longer flight?

Heres a link to the crash in case anyone is curious.

Hey all, I was shooting a music video for an artist and accidentally took the phantom into a wall. My spotter warned me a split second before impact so i was able to slow it down significantly, but still took a hit. Luckily I walked away with no damage, just a few grass stains as she fell into a soft pile of wild grass. I brought her home, inspected the body (no cracks or bends), cleaned her up and replaced the props. Didnt want to take any chances in case they were off balance. I recalibrated the gimbal and IMU, took her up with no apparent issues. The gimbal has appears to vibrate a bit on hover, but not enough to affect picture (not sure if this is normal, never paid attention before but im hyper sensitive now). Is there anything else I should be aware of before i take her out on a longer flight?

Heres a link to the crash in case anyone is curious.

Good music Yeh who was watching what:)

That was my intial thinking, it's not exactly a small building- like you'd really have to try hard to fly into it or in the case of the spotter be asleep... it's a happy ending for the OP so all good...
Agreed, anyone watching the footage would have cringed and shared the grief with the OP. Your comment though sent me straight to the floor and looking for my CE collection. Apologies again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20