Mile Club

I always lose FPV first...[emoji3]. When I lose FPV, the whole app disconnects and I see nothing. Since I can't see anything it is kind of like flying blind since I can't spot it, so I usually just trigger RTH on the RC by flicking the switch in the upper left a few times. On the way back, the app will reconnect when within range and I get my "eyes" back. I'm too scared to fly FURTHER after I lose my FPV even though I trust RTH.

Last edited:
I have flew blind with my Vision but didn't care for it and was just trying for distance
but haven't had that issue yet with this one .
I wouldn't even go long without trusting RTH :)

I have a question for you range junkies....as you go I would guess you lose FPV before RC. How much farther can you go with RC and no FPV until you get RTH. Also, during that time when you have RC but no FPV can you still see position and orientation on Map or do you lost that too...just kind of curious what you lose and when...

I lose it all at the same time. Whe I lose video I usually lose signal also. After aprox 3 second, the RTH should automatically begin.

I lose it all at the same time. Whe I lose video I usually lose signal also. After aprox 3 second, the RTH should automatically begin.
image.jpeg

Longest flight for me. I don't see a need to go this far again. Just wanted to see if it would do it.

Longest flight for me. I don't see a need to go this far again. Just wanted to see if it would do it.
Looks good Bill ,what was the distance out to RTH and what do you use .

P3P and stock. The weather conditions were very good that day. Total distance out about 16000 Feet.
Weather has a lot to do with getting out .
Dummy me didn't look at the picture in your log to see what ya had is why I asked about what you used Bill :) duh

Reactions: Bill7259
There are times when weather conditions will give you signal problems at about a mile. Happened to hit that one just right. I had 15% battery left when I got back. Too close for comfort.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've only had my Phantom 3 Standard since last week so I had never attempted a long range test. After reading all the posts in the thread I had to try it this afternoon after work. It went over 6,100' and I never lost anything. I got scared and hit the return to home. I'm so pumped up! These things are unreal! I'm learning so much from this forum. Thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you share.
febd9153eb949d470143bf7bcfcd1c43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maxed out today. That's all she has, 1.44 miles.
7ddc6e4cdf0756d5a68bccea66278834.jpg

Maxed out today. That's all she has, 1.44 miles.
7ddc6e4cdf0756d5a68bccea66278834.jpg

If your stock Coon that's good .

Reactions: GaDrone
Bone stock, only had a week.

Last edited:
I have done it ordered the DBS mod for my P3S. I have been flying since Christmas and trying about every open area I can find to base line before the modification. My best stock range, no parabolic reflector (windsurfer) has been +9200 feet. I could only get this by flying low, very low at 32 feet or so. Anyone else do try this? How about over water?
Screenshot_2016-03-02-09-58-33.png

I foolishly started to increase altitude to increase signal, and it got worse.
Can anyone guess what I may expect after the DBS mod? I will be posting results. Thanks for the forum! Much to learn here.

There's is no way to guess Mike but only try and see . Everyone seems to get different results depending on lot's of variables .
What your getting where your at I bet the only thing that will hold you back is your battery .I might be wrong
But Time Will Tell :)

Reactions: Jfasig
5b8f9e2d51d8b794b920a6e5e8ef63df.jpg

P3a it finally lost signal I was a little worried but it did come home lol.
And I had video recording which cut out and started again on way back.
Was very happy as no mods

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When I enabled RTH and it swung around, I lost video signal. Up until then it was solid.
I found that when I make my P3s return home from a long distance flight I loose video connection to my iPhone! Could this be because the antennas for the WiFi and radio control are on the back of the phantom causing weak signal when its coming towards you!?

But you do have a mod compared to the rest in this thread tricky..Lightbridge .
James your 2.4 antenna panels are on the side's not the back .When I push mine I will lose FPV sometimes when I yaw around to return .
But I get it back quick .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl