Mile Club

Ha.. i bet with 8,356 Messages and replies its not hard to get lost in all the alert flags you probably get lol...
But yeah, i did the latest FW update, so far everything seems good, def did not see any loss of distance. it was quite the opposite actually, had good signal all the way thru my flight over my rough, wifi infested neighborhood. Obviously gotta do more test to make sure its real and im not imagining things. but so far so good...
Ya me a jabber jaw :) lol
Do post back on the update .Don't mind em when I can go back but don't know if ya can with the Standard .
Used to be the first with my P2 but the last one broke me from that . Now I got it and no going back .

Reactions: SZNJ732
Ya me a jabber jaw :) lol
Do post back on the update .Don't mind em when I can go back but don't know if ya can with the Standard .
Used to be the first with my P2 but the last one broke me from that . Now I got it and no going back .

Exactly, cant roll back with the Standard unfortunately.. i remember Christmas did some damage to the distance on P3S, people complaining left n right about crappy distance.
so this time i waited . after hearing good things and no major issues reported, i went ahead and did it. i'll post more info when i do a few runs.

Reactions: dirkclod
You did the latest firmware ..I've been holding off to be sure it didn't cause me to lose any distance .
And if I answered in another thread ya see where my head is at...lost :) duh
I pulled the trigger and installed the FW on my Standard. Range did increase but what I liked the most was the stability of my connection, both video and control signals. I have made several flights to confirm the results are reproducible. In residential (WiFi pollution zone) areas, I have seen my reliable signal range up 20-30%. Here is a screen shot of this mornings flight - a new distance record. RTH safety did not kick in once.
Keep in mind, I am running with the DBS mod controller here. I'm not sure why or how the travel distance can be shorter than my distance reading. Any suggestions?
Screenshot_2016-03-24-07-37-52.png

Reactions: dirkclod
That is strange but have read in some other threads were some stuff was reversed .
Seems though from that shot they would be the same .

That is strange but have read in some other threads were some stuff was reversed .
Seems though from that shot they would be the same .
That's what I thought at first, but the travel distance kept climbing while the distance from aircraft decreased as I flew back.

That's what I thought at first, but the travel distance kept climbing while the distance from aircraft decreased as I flew back.
It should have climbing as you came back . In the log shot you didn't by chance walk forward 25' after you started out did you ?

I made over a mile with my Phantom 3 standard with an Itelite DBS antenna mod. With stock my max was about 3200 feet and with the DBS mod I reached 6268 ft.
2016_03_29_00.15.01.jpg

I went 5,500ft out in the country last night. No mods, no windsurfer...totally stock...I was impressed...RTH....kicked in, was black screen until around 2,500ft the the video came back...I was about 300ft high too...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope, I pretty much stand in one place. I'll keep watching the logs, Just a odd thing.
There was a very short break in the connection. I didn't even notice it at during the flight but this could certainly explain the difference. There must (might) be a microwave signal path out there. I saw one tower about 1/4 mile off to the North. I have this break in signal every time I pass the same distance point. That DBS mod sure does wonders.

BTW, can you re-post the link you purchased your blue cables at, dirkclod? I found some but they came with right angles on both sides and it's just a little tight for my liking.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj